What does this job entail?
In this function, you will …
- Broaden your horizon towards all insurance entities within KBC Group;
- Learn how we identify and quantify the risks of KBC Insurance Group and its subsidiaries;
- Acquire knowledge of third party commercial risk-measurement software used in KBC for Solvency II calculation and reporting;
- Sharpen your analytical skills and learn to gather and challenge information needed to obtain our own view on the capital needed to support the business.
Furthermore, you will …
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues from many different functions and countries (Local Risk, Treasury, Finance, Reinsurance,….);
- Strengthen your communication skills so that you can easily explain evolutions in a clear way towards a varied audience, which includes senior management and supervisors.
What do we expect from you?
The responsibilities of the team are therefore quite various such as:
- Calculation and monitoring of Solvency II-ratio and SII reporting (ORSA, RSR, SFCR) for KBC Insurance Group and its insurance subsidiaries;
- Determining economic capital for insurance risks for KBC Insurance Group and pension funds of KBC Group;
- Coordinate and challenge Life and Non-Life economic profitability;
- Group-wide identification, analyzing and reporting of risks within the insurance companies by continuously scanning the outside world and closely follow internal KBC changes;
- Support the Actuarial Function holder of KBC Insurance Group;
- Manage KBC guidelines and frameworks
related to technical insurance risk, best estimates, capital
Your key strenghts?
- You have a Master degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering, Mathematics or equal by experience;
- You are a team player, but can focus on individual assignments independently when necessary;
- You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot of information quickly and formulate relevant messages;
- You have good written and oral communication skills in English given the intense international cooperation, but also the role towards senior management and the supervisors;
- You are dynamic, creative to work in a fast evolving environment and show initiative to constantly keep your knowledge up-to-date;
- You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines.
It is an extra asset if
- You have a degree in actuarial science;
- You have
>5 years experience in an Insurance company or Risk
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career;
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities;
- many different career opportunities;
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products;
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life;
- a dynamic working environment with
an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact the recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 07/03/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.