What does this job entail?
The Non life actuarial department is responsible for the calculation
to calculate Best Estimate values of our future cash flows under
Solvency II regulations. In the calculation of the future claims
payment cash flows we split the outstanding
claims in two groups : attritional claims and Extra Large claims. For the calculation of the best estimate of the attritional claims we can rely on actuarial techniques. Extra large claims however are very specific and we rely on the expert judgment of the claims handlers to estimate the future payments. At least once a year the best estimate of an extra large claim is reviewed by the claims handler. As we get more information on the claim over time, this estimate can vary significantly. Therefore we want to perform an in depth analysis of the evolution of the best estimate of an Extra large claim in order
to further optimize the Best Estimate calculation of Extra large claims.
What do we expect from you?
- Set up an inventory of the Extra large claims with the evolution of their best Estimate
- Determination of the elements that trigger(ed) the change of the Best estimate of a claim, based on available information in the claims file and consultation of the claims handler.
- In depth analysis of the collected triggers and their impact on the Best Estimate of an Extra large claim
- Based on the results of the analysis, mastermind a ruleset or a tool to support the claims handlers in the determination of a more credible first time Best Estimate of an Extra large claim in order to reduce the variation over time.
Your key strengths
- Student Master in actuarial and financial sciences
- In light of the frequent contacts with the claims handlers, a very good knowledge of Dutch is necessary.
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.