Don’t have bicycle roadside assistance under your lease contract? If
not and your bike is damaged or stolen, get in touch with the person
in charge of lease bikes at your company as soon as possible.
What to do if your bike breaks down?
Call KBC Autolease Assistance on + 32 2 347 39 02 and tell them you
need help with a KBC lease bike. You can contact them 24/7.
They’ll need the following details from you:
- Your KBC sticker number (attached to your bike or number plate if you have a speed pedelec)
- Bike trouble you’re having
- Type of bike
- Breakdown location
Who can get bicycle roadside assistance and where?
KBC Autolease Assistance covers you in the Benelux region if
your bike is suddenly and unexpectedly immobilised.
Assistance is linked to the bike, so it doesn’t matter who’s riding it.
When can you call out our cycle rescue service?
You can get roadside assistance for your bike if it’s suddenly and unexpectedly immobilised, leaving it:
- Technically impossible to ride due to problems like a flat tyre (technical immobility)
- Unroadworthy under the highway code due to a broken lights or similar (legal immobility)
Your bike may be immobilised by:
- A technical defect
- A flat tire
- An accident
- Theft or attempted theft
- A lack or loss of electric pedal assist more than 10 kilometers from the start or end of the journey or the next public charging station
If you’ve already taken your bike to a repair shop, we don’t
consider it to be immobilised and you won’t be able to get roadside
Important: you’re only entitled to assistance if you stay with
your bike (except if you’re taken to hospital) and it’s
accessible by our recovery vehicle.
Included in assistance
Our cycle rescue service will come to your roadside aid and try to fix your bike. If that doesn’t work, we’ll take your bike to your:
- Preferred bike repair service
- Destination or departure point
Child trailers and similar are also covered if attached to your
bike at the time of immobilisation.
If your bike is stolen, KBC Autolease Assistance will arrange transport to your point of departure or destination, up to a maximum cost of 80 euros.
This cover only applies if you can demonstrate that you took every
precaution to minimise the risk of your bike being stolen, and you
reported the theft to the police.
Not included in assistance
- Costs for spare parts or bike repair materials
- Repair and maintenance costs
- Call-outs arising from incidents that don’t immobilise your bike
- Costs you’ve paid for your bike yourself
- Transport of cargo (goods and/or animals)
- Damages, breakdowns or accidents that occur while using your bike to train for or take part in official sports events, including cyclists with a competition license
- Stolen or damaged bike parts or accessories due to a breakdown or accident
- Bikes already at a repair service
- Police-ordered removal
- Improper use and/or fraud
- Breakdown due to making adjustments, installing accessories and/or using non-original parts
- Call-outs due to losing the keys for your bike lock
- Call-outs for a flat pedelec battery when you have less than 10 kilometres to travel
- Breakdown due to maintenance negligence
- Call-outs to places inaccessible by rescue vehicles
- Call-outs outside the Benelux region
- Medical assistance provided to the bike rider or a passenger