Feeling secure while your cycling is important. KBC Autolease therefore offers comprehensive bicycle insurance to those who like a sense of security. We've listed the most important information for you below.
- Damage to the bike or bike parts regardless of whether the damage was caused during a trip made for business, commuting or personal purposes
- As from 1 January 2020, any accessories are also covered, provided the damage to these accessories forms part of a covered claim event to or with your bike
- Damage caused by wear and tear or lack of maintenance
- Damage that has no influence on the use, like scratches
- Damage covered by the warranty, or resulting from a manufacturing defect
- Damage to the battery or charger of the electric bike if the bike itself has not been damaged
- Damage arising from taking part in competitions
- Theft if you have failed to comply with the required precautionary measures
Does your lease contract include insurance?
1. Do you have a contract including bicycle insurance? Then KBC Autolease has taken out insurance for theft and damage for you.
The full insurance conditions can be found here:
Insurance conditions for bike leasing offers made on or before 31 December 2019
Insurance conditions for bike leasing offers made on or after 1 January 2020
2. Do you have a contract excluding bicycle insurance? Then please contact your fleet manager.
Which types of bike are covered by this comprehensive bicycle insurance?
- City bikes
- Folding bikes
- Racing bikes
- Mountain bikes
- Electric (city) bikes with pedal assistance up to a maximum speed of 25 km/h
- High speed bikes with pedal assistance up to a maximum speed of 45 km/h
- Cargo bikes, with or without electric drive up to 25 km/h or up to 45 km/h, with pedal assistance
Contact KBC Autolease if you want to insure a type of bike not listed above.
Do I need Third-Party Liability Insurance (TPL) for a high speed bike?
No, if the high speed bike reaches a speed of no more than 45 km/h with pedal assistance then, under Belgian legislation, it's not necessary for you to take out Third-Party Insurance for motor vehicles.
The high speed bikes in our range are covered by this comprehensive insurance for theft and damage.
If you have an accident with another party, it's best to call on your family insurance.We therefore advise you to check the conditions of your family insurance concerning high speed bikes.
Do I have to pay a deductible?
Yes, you must pay a deductible or excess of 50 euros for each claim file (accident or theft) regardless of the type of bike.
What do I do if the damage is not covered by my bicycle insurance?
Does your bike have damage that can still be repaired, but is not insured under our conditions? Then you can have your bike repaired by an authorised bike dealer at your expense.
Is your bike damaged beyond repair? In that case, we draw up the settlement statement of your lease contract for the bike, the options and the accessories.
Does this cover also apply abroad?
Yes, you're covered worldwide.
What precautions must I observe as driver?
Your bike, options and accessories are covered for damage and theft, provided that:
- you've secured your bike with an ART bicycle lock (category 2)
If you leave your bike in at an unmonitored location, you must secure it to an object (fence, pole, bike shed, etc.). We therefore advise you to add a chain lock to your lease contract
- you have handled your bike responsibly (i.e. you've taken proper care of it)
Good to know
KBC Autolease's bicycle insurance is a form of property insurance. It includes all-risk cover for your bike.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The start date and term of the insurance coincide with that of the bike leasing.
- Your contact at KBC Autolease is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, by e-mail at email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman.as.
This does not affect your legal rights.
KBC Autolease is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC group