Feeling secure in your vehicle is worth its weight in gold. KBC Autolease therefore offers good insurance products and risk cover for your vehicle to those who like a sense of security. But what is actually included in the insurance? And does it also cover trailers and driving abroad? You will find the answers to these and many more questions below.
Car insurance and risk cover
Including or excluding insurance?
1. If you have a contract that includes insurance and risk cover, this means that KBC Autolease has taken out insurance in your name and for your account for:
- Third party motor insurance (PDF-NL) (PDF-FR)
- Legal assistance cover (PDF-NL) (PDF-FR)
- Driver's bodily injuries cover (PDF-NL) (PDF-FR)
- Risk Arrangement (PDF-NL) (PDF-FR)
- View your insurance special conditions (PDF-NL) (PDF-FR)
2. If you have a contract that excludes insurance, you must contact the insurance company where your vehicle is insured.
What should you do if your certificate of insurance (green card) has expired?
How do you apply for a claims history certificate?
How is the trailer insured?
- When attached to the vehicle : if the lease vehicle is insured through KBC Autolease, the trailer, with a maximum permitted gross weight of 3.5 tonnes, is included in the third party motor insurance cover for the lease vehicle, as long as it is attached to the vehicle. The above insurance only covers damage caused to third parties, not damage caused to the trailer/caravan itself.
- For situations when the trailer is not attached and for trailers with a maximum permitted gross weight of more than 3.5 tonnes, you will need to take out additional insurance cover.
Is the vehicle insured for use abroad?
Is luggage in your vehicle insured against theft?
Luggage or other items in your vehicle are never insured, so not
If you have other questions about vehicle insurance, don’t hesitate to contact KBC Autolease.