Travelling abroad

Drive your lease car worry-free abroad

Travelling abroad

Drive your lease car worry-free abroad

The whole world at your feet

You and your employees can drive the leased vehicle in all countries of the European Union.

If you want to drive outside the Schengen Area with your lease car, apply for a 'Drive Certificate' via Renta Drive to avoid any problems at the border in the event the competent authorities stop you.

Hint: apply for a certificate (more than) 14 days in advance.

The most common countries requiring such a certificate:

  • Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • Morocco
  • Montenegro
  • Serbia
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey

Note that in countries outside the European Union for which it is not possible to apply for a certificate, you cannot drive a leased vehicle.

Good to know

  • Switzerland and Norway are not members of the European Union, but do not require a certificate for driving lease vehicles there.
  • You need certificates not only for the destination country but also for countries you transit on the way to your destination.
  • Your certificate to drive outside the EU will be sent to you by e-mail and regular post in 6 working days or less.

More information?

If you have any further questions, our Driver Care staff will be happy to help.

CRIT'air ecology certification compulsory in parts of France

Vehicles driven in France's 'traffic restriction zones' (ZCRs) have had to display a CRIT'air ecology certificate (vignette) since 1 April 2017. The towns in question are Paris, Lille, Lyons and Grenoble.

The requirement applies to all French vehicles and all vehicles registered outside France: cars, lorries, vans, buses, coaches, motorbikes, etc.

CRIT'air certification is a circular sticker costing 4.80 euros including shipping. The sticker is affixed in the lower right-hand corner of your windscreen.
Want more info on CRIT’Air certification and environmental zones in other European cities? The VAB website gives you a clear overview. Make sure you apply for your vignette in good time!

Insurance abroad

Any KBC Autolease vehicles (including short-term rentals) that include insurance and risk arrangements in the leasing contract are insured in all non-excluded countries shown on the international certificate of motor insurance.

Getting your vehicle repaired abroad

  1. The prior agreement of KBC Autolease is always required before carrying out any technical repair work abroad. If you have KBC Autolease assistance insurance, contact KBC Autolease Assistance on + 32 2 347 39 02 (available 24/7) for the address of the nearest garage.
  2. The foreign repairer draws up a quote including the following details:
    - Mileage
    - Chassis number
    - Number plate
    - Price of the repair or parts to be replaced
    The repairer must send their quote to We will provide an agreement.
  3. The repairer issues an invoice (excluding VAT) stating the agreement number. The invoice should be addressed to: KBC Autolease NV, Prof. Van Overstraetenplein 5, 3000 Leuven, Belgium, referencing company number BE 0422.562.385.
  4. If the foreign repair service wants you to pay the invoice immediately, KBC Autolease will refund the repair costs you have paid once we have received the above-mentioned invoice and proof of payment. You can request this by completing the 'Request for reimbursement of maintenance and repair costs' form.

Breakdown service with a short-term lease vehicle

  • Vehicles supplied by KBC Autolease
    These short-term lease vehicles are covered by the Euro Silver package, which provides vehicle-specific assistance in Belgium and abroad. The assistance abroad is limited to those countries that are validly listed on the international certificate of motor insurance. Contact KBC Autolease Assistance op + 32 2 347 39 02 (lines open 24 hours a day).
  • Vehicles supplied by Europcar
    Consult the documents contained in the vehicle.


Statutory warranty on your second-hand bike

Making a warranty claim for the lease bike you purchased
Statutory warranty on your second-hand bike

Insurance and risk arrangement

Learn more about car and bicycle insurance, and take to the road securely and informed.

Insurance and risk arrangement