Enjoy carefree cycling with a KBC lease bike. We're also on hand should your bike get damaged or stolen, or if you need assistance. Read on and get answers to frequently asked questions.
Important: make sure that your bicycle insurance is in order. If you don't have bicycle insurance, get in touch with your company contact right away.
How do I arrange for repairs or maintenance to be carried out on my bicycle?
What should I do if I need assistance when out cycling?
You've taken out assistance insurance (roadside assistance) with KBC Autolease:
Call KBC Autolease Assistance 24/7 on +32 (0) 2 347 39 02. For roadside assistance, KBC Autolease works with the VAB breakdown service. You are entitled to assistance when you cannot use your bicycle due to breakdown, accident, theft or attempted theft, vandalism, fire or a stolen number plate.
You don't have any assistance insurance:
Contact your fleet manager.
What should I do if I'm involved in an accident with another party?
To report an accident involving another party, you must submit a European accident statement to KBC Autolease:
- Complete the European accident statement fully and correctly
- Sign the statement (NOTE: both parties are required to sign)
- Send us the damage repair quote and photos of the damage by e-mail to email@example.com
- Scan the accident statement and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make an appointment with the dealership where your bike was purchased
- Wait until you get the green light from KBC Autolease (given as soon as the bicycle may be repaired)
KBC Autolease creates a dossier and will take care of the administrative tasks from then on.
What should I do if I'm in an accident not involving another party?
To report an accident not involving another party, all you have to do is correctly complete a claim form and send it to us. You do not, therefore, have to complete a European accident statement. We'll contact you when the bike may be repaired.
What should I do if my bicycle is stolen?
If it's stolen, you have to report it to the police within 24 hours. Be sure to provide us with the police report afterwards.
What you need to do:
- Report the theft to the police within 24 hours
- Hold on to your copy of the police report
- Fill in our digital claim form
We'll send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your claim and finish handling your file.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact KBC Autolease for further information or to make an appointment.