Your lease contract is soon to expire, which means you may have questions on how to return your company car. How and when is the car returned? What are KBC Autolease's guidelines in respect of damage? You can read the answers to these and other questions in the FAQ section below.
How and where can you return your current company car?
You can return your vehicle in two ways:
- You make an appointment and return the car on working days (9-12 a.m. and 2-4 p.m.) to KBC Autolease Remarketing in Londerzeel. They will complete the vehicle-return form and take detailed digital photos of the vehicle and its documentation.
- You have the car collected from your company address or in the location where the new company car is delivered. Collection always takes place on working days and during office hours (from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and should be requested at least three working days in advance.
- The delivery sheet for the new vehicle provides a space for signing off the return of your current vehicle.
- Given that no return statement can be drawn up for the car, the KBC Autolease representative will check it on the spot. From that moment, the vehicle becomes our responsibility. Once the vehicle has been brought to Londerzeel, a detailed photographic record is also compiled.
What must you return along with the car?
You must return the vehicle to KBC Autolease in a well-cared-for condition, along with:
- the certificate of conformity
- the registration papers
- the service log book
- the certificate of insurance (the green card)
- the codes
- and all keys
Make sure you use this checklist. This also specifies the fines that apply in the event of non-compliance.
What happens if the vehicle is damaged?
VAB Fleet Services will inspect the car in the parking area in Londerzeel. Photos are taken of any visible damage. Any damage other than normal wear and tear is invoiced as post-contractual damage.
In determining the normal wear and tear, KBC Autolease only applies the objective criteria and guidelines of Renta (the Belgian professional association of vehicle lessors) for the evaluation of passenger cars and company cars. Repair costs are kept low thanks to the use of smart repair techniques, which involve alternative repair methods that offer excellent value for money.
Can you purchase the vehicle at the end of the contract?
Yes, you can. Contact your fleet manager to make a request to the KBC Autolease Remarketing department.
Can the registration plate be retained at the end of the contract?
No. After all, the vehicle is registered in KBC Autolease’s name.
If you have any other questions you would like to ask, feel free to contact KBC Autolease for further information or to make an appointment.
KBC Bicycle Leasing
Fed up with traffic jams? Lease a bicycle! For yourself or for your employees.
KBC Research app
The KBC Research app gives you access to expertise: daily in-depth analyses and forecasts on fixed income and foreign exchange markets.
Avalised bill of exchange
Increase the chance of collecting your invoice payments? The avalised bill of exchange offers a great many benefits.