Collect and inspect your lease vehicle
Your new lease vehicle is waiting for you at the supplier’s, and you are looking forward to the freedom that a car gives you. However, don’t get carried away by accepting the vehicle immediately. Before driving away, it’s wise to check the following points.
If the vehicle doesn’t match the order, do not sign the delivery note and do not accept the vehicle. Contact the Driver Care department immediately on +32 16 88 16 00.
- Is this definitely the vehicle that was ordered, with the right accessories and/or options?
- Does the vehicle carry the legally required equipment (hazard warning triangle, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher)?
- Has the supplier given you the following vehicle documentation?
- Certificate of conformity
- Vehicle instruction manual and service log book
- KBC Autolease folder containing:
- registration documents (registration certificate)
- certificate of insurance (green card, if specified in the contract)
- the brochure ‘Overview for vehicle problems'
- accident statement
- KBC Autolease fuel card (if included in the contract); the secret code (PIN) will be sent to the fleet manager in a separate sealed envelope
- parking disc, fluorescent safety vest,...
- if the vehicle has a towbar, a towbar inspection certificate
Go through the above checklist carefully to be sure that everything is as it should be.
Insurance and risk arrangement
Learn more about car and bicycle insurance, and take to the road securely and informed.