Your new lease vehicle is waiting for you at the supplier’s, and you are looking forward to the freedom that a car gives you. However, don’t get carried away by accepting the vehicle immediately. Before driving away, it’s wise to check the following points:
- Is this definitely the vehicle that was ordered, with the right accessories and/or options?
- Does the vehicle carry the legally required equipment (hazard warning triangle, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher)?
- Has the supplier given you the following vehicle documentation?
- Certificate of conformity
- Vehicle instruction manual and service log book
KBC Autolease folder containing:
- registration documents (registration certificate)
- certificate of insurance (green card, if specified in the contract)
- the brochure ‘Onze dienstverlening in een notendop’ (‘Our service in a nutshell’)
- accident statement
- KBC Autolease fuel card (if included in the contract); the secret code (PIN) will be sent to the fleet manager in a separate sealed envelope
- parking disc
- if the vehicle has a towbar, a towbar inspection certificate
Go through the above checklist carefully to be sure that everything is as it should be.