Our experts are there for your children
When you become a KBC Private Banking client, your children also have access to our private banking experts.
A private banker for your children
If your children have built up some wealth of their own, they can use the services of a private banker, with complete discretion assured.
Preferential rates for your children
Your children will get highly favourable rates for a home loan, a free KBC Credit Card* with added free ‘Shopping Package’ and much more besides.
KBC is a real family bank, part of which is about being there at all times to provide you with a range of services, including personal advice and personal guidance. It’s something we’re happy to offer across the generations too. Children of KBC Private Banking clients enjoy added benefits. We look at the benefits that come into play for your individual situation. A few of the services we provide are set out below.
A private banker for your family
If your children have already built up some wealth of their own at KBC, they can use the services of a private banker who'll be their unique and dedicated contact. They will also be able to count on the extensive investment expertise and exclusive product range of KBC Private Banking.
Tangible benefits for you and your family
As KBC Private Banking clients, you and your children enjoy numerous benefits. The examples provided depend on individual situations:
1. Preferential mortgage rates
Planning to buy, build or renovate your dream home? If so, you’ll naturally want a loan tailored to your needs. Your private banker and our loan expert will get together to make sure that’s exactly what you get. Together they will study your plans and suggest the most appropriate financial solution for you, for you and your children.
2. Silver Pack, the free payment service for your children
As a KBC Private Banking client, you get the KBC Credit Card* with the optional add-on ‘Shopping Package’ and ‘Travel Package’ thrown in for free.
Your children receive a Silver Pack, our free payment service. Included in the Silver Pack:
- a KBC Credit Card* with optional add-on ‘Shopping Package’ free of charge
- a KBC Plus Account, a current account with debit card
- Online and mobile banking capabilities with KBC Touch and KBC Mobile
3. Cashback on non-life insurance
If you as a parent have a Life Solutions contract, your children will receive a 2% discount on their non-life insurance policies. This is awarded each year at the end of January through a cashback payment.
What type of insurance cover is included in the Shopping package?
The ‘Shopping Package’ is an optional insurance package that comes with your KBC Credit Cardand is free for you and your children.
The package includes 3 forms of insurance cover:
Protect your purchases against damage or theft
Ripped your skirt when getting up from your chair or had your laptop stolen from the boot of your car? With Purchase Protection Insurance, your purchased items are covered for damage or theft.
You can claim on the Purchase Protection Insurance for:
- Accidental damage
- Aggravated theft of your
- purchased items
- Up to 90 days after the date of purchase or delivery insured items purchased online (cover is always provided from the date of purchase)
- The items are new and have been sold by a professional vendor
- The items are intended for personal use
- The value of the insured items is at least 50 euros (VAT included, excluding postage and delivery costs)
The repair costs or the new price of your insured item will be reimbursed up to 3 000 euros per claim event and per insurance year. If the repair costs exceed the new replacement value, only the new replacement value will be reimbursed.
This insurance covers purchases made anywhere in the world.
The main excluded items are:
- Foreign currencies
- Traveller’s cheques
- Marketable securities
- Mobile phones
- Second-hand or used goods
- Jewellery, watches
- Works of art
Get an additional 2 years’ warranty beyond the statutory period
Has your appliance or device been damaged after the statutory warranty has expired? With Extended Warranty Insurance, you get an additional 2 years’ warranty for newly purchased appliances or devices.
Extended Warranty Insurance covers the following categories:
- White goods: electrical and electronic household appliances
- Brown goods: audio, TV and video appliances
- Grey goods: computer products and accessories
- DIY equipment: any electrical and electronic DIY equipment for use in the home
The repair costs or the new price of your insured item will be reimbursed up to 3 000 euros per claim event and per insurance year. If the repair costs exceed the new replacement value, only the new replacement value will be reimbursed, i.e. the new-for-old value on the day of the claim.
- Any deliberate damage caused by the insured or members of their household
- Loss or unaccountable disappearance
- Damage during transport
- Normal wear and tear
- Superficial/cosmetic damage such as scratches or dents
- A defect in the insured item covered by the statutory warranty
Insure your online purchases
If your online purchase gets damaged during delivery or the wrong product is delivered and the supplier refuses to take responsibility, this cover ensures you get your money back.
You are covered when:
- Your purchase cost at least 100 euros
- You made your purchase from an online store in the European Union or the United States
The maximum amount of compensation is 1 500 euros per claim event and per insurance year.
- Non-delivery of the insured item due to a strike
- A hidden defect in the insured item
- Purchases made from fake or fraudulent websites
What type of insurance cover is included in the Travel package?
The ‘Travel Package’ is an optional insurance package that comes with your KBC Credit Card. It is free for you and fee-based for your children.
The package includes three forms of insurance cover:
Start looking forward again to a new trip
If you have to cancel your trip or cut it short, you can recoup some of
your travel expenses thanks to the travel cancellation insurance linked to you KBC Credit Card.
Expenses incurred of up to 10 000 euros per insurance year for all the insured combined, if your trip is cancelled or cut short by:
- Sudden illness, accident or death of the person signing up to the package (‘member’), a family member to the second degree or a person living under the same roof who is a dependent of the ‘member’ for tax purposes or over whom the ‘member’ has custody
- Serious material damage to the main residence of the ‘member’
- Denial of necessary vaccinations for medical reasons, whether known in advance or not
- Denial of a visa despite the fact that the correct procedure was followed and the insured has never been refused a visa before
- Business trips
- Transport not used to travel to and from the holiday destination
- Cancellation or interruption due to medical conditions or injuries that existed at the time the trip was booked
- Claim events due to excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs or medication not prescribed by a doctor
Get reimbursed for rental vehicle excess charges
If you’re on holiday and your hire car gets damaged or stolen and there is an excess in the vehicle's insurance, that excess will be reimbursed.
You can claim on the Hire Car Excess insurance if:
- You rent a vehicle abroad for personal use for no more than 30 days
- The rental company is a professional rental company
- The rental contract may be entered into in Belgium
This insurance reimburses the excess if it amounts to at least 100 euros. The maximum amount of compensation is 2 500 euros per claim event and per insurance year.
- Any hire trailer excess
- Damage that was caused before or after the agreed rental period
- Use of the rental vehicle for professional purposes
Luggage been delayed? You’ll be reimbursed for any urgent purchases you have to make
If your luggage arrives later at the airport and you have to buy new clothes and toiletries as a result, this insurance reimburses you for any urgent purchases you need to make while waiting for your luggage.
Purchases that are not refunded by the airline:
- Luggage delayed for more than 4 hours: compensation of up to 250 euros per trip for all the insured
- Luggage delayed for more than 48 hours: additional compensation of up to 500 euros per trip for all the insured
- If you failed to hand over your luggage on departure or it was checked in too late
- When you fail to collect the luggage
Good to know
KBC Credit Card
Read this information carefully before taking out this insurance
- Shopping package information document
- General conditions applying to the shopping package
- Travel package information document
- General conditions applying to the Travel package
KBC Plus Account
- KBC Debit Card Regulations
- Account Package Regulations
- General Banking Terms & Conditions
- Fee Information Document
- Read the legal information
KBC Home Loan
- Form of credit: mortgage loan for immovable property. Subject to your loan application being approved by KBC Bank NV. Lender: KBC Bank NV, Havenlaan 2, 1080 Brussels, VAT BE 0462.920.226, RLP Brussels.
- Read the legal information
- Rates and charges
Looking for expert advice for you and your family or for a private banker for the children? Or want to take out a home loan at a preferential rate?
*Subject to your application being approved
The KBC Credit Card is a credit card issued by: KBC Bank NV, with registered office at Havenlaan 2, 1080 Brussels, Belgium. VAT BE 0462.920.226, RLP Brussels, FSMA 026 256 A.
The KBC Flex Budget facility is an open-ended credit facility linked to the KBC Credit Card and used as an additional means of drawing credit.
Lender and card issuer: KBC Bank NV. Subject to your card or credit application being approved by KBC Bank NV.
All insurance cover referred to is subject to Belgian law. This insurance cover is a class-16 product (financial loss insurance).
KBC Bank has taken out Travel Package insurance with KBC Insurance. You are only entitled to compensation if you were already signed up to this insurance at the time of booking and paying for the travel or rental vehicle in the relevant contract and you were still covered by the insurance at the time of the claim event. You therefore must hold an active credit card and still be signed up to this Travel Package without interruption.
KBC Bank has taken out Shopping Package insurance with KBC Insurance. You are only insured if you were holding an active credit card and were still signed up to the package without interruption from the time the purchase was made until the claim event occurred.
The insurance ends by operation of law when the contract between KBC Bank NV and the insurer is terminated.
Credit card holders can sign up to the Shopping Package or the Travel Package at any time. Insurance cover starts on the first hour of the day following membership and lasts for a period of at least one year. After this period, you can withdraw from the insurance at any time by going through the digital process in KBC Mobile or by having its cancellation registered at a KBC Bank branch.
The conditions of cover are available from any KBC branch or at www.kbc.be/en/creditcard. The applicable general conditions alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer. The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94 or firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombfin.be. For complaints about insurance, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.
Take money out of your business in a tax-efficient way
Your personal wealth when selling or transferring your business
Request your business transfer guide.