If you are an entrepreneur and you want to invest in a machine or your business’s facilities, or you want to buy a commercial premises or shed, Investment Credit might be the solution you are looking for. You choose whether you want a fixed or variable interest rate and whether your repayments should be monthly, quarterly, six-monthly or annual. The term of the loan depends on the economic life of what you’re financing. If you are paying for the purchase in tranches, you can also draw down the loan in tranches.
What is investment credit?
- You get a wide range of repayment options
- You have certainty about how much you repay over what term
- You can set off the interest and costs against your company’s taxes
- You can drawn down the loan in tranches or all at once
- You have the option to combine the loan with government support
How does it work?
Amount and term
The amount and the term of the loan depend on the nature of the investment and your financial capacity. Commercial premises, for instance, have a longer economic life than IT equipment. It is logical, therefore, that a loan for that purpose has a longer term.
If you’d like to postpone your first repayment for a while, you get a ‘grace period’.
If you would like to change the draw-down period during the term of your loan, you can with this type of business financing, on payment of a fee.
You can always repay part of the Investment Credit early. In that case, you pay a reinvestment fee.
If you have to make a downpayment on your commercial equipment or real property and pay the balance later, you can draw down the Investment Credit in tranches. We deposit each tranche on your bank account based on your proofs of investment.
It's really easy to draw down and register your credit in KBC Touch and KBC-Online for Business.
When you apply for the loan, you opt yourself for monthly, quarterly, six-monthly or annual repayments, and for a fixed or variable interest rate.
Interest and costs are all tax-deductible.
Can be combined with government support
The government has taken a number of measures to encourage businesspeople to invest.
Protect your family with KBC Remission of Debt
KBC Remission of Debt insurance protects your family financially if you should die during the term of the credit. You can also take out this protection if you contract credit via your company or partnership.
On death, the full debt is paid off and KBC Insurance pays the outstanding capital and the interest due on the KBC Investment Credit.
And, you don't need to go through a medical questionnaire or examination when you sign up.
What the policy covers
This insurance includes death cover for up to three persons who are aged under 60 on the start date of the credit.
KBC Remission of Debt aligns with repayment of your loan, so that you're never over- or under-insured.
What the policy does not cover
As with any insurance policy, exclusions apply. These include:
- If the insured commits suicide during the first year after signing up to the policy
- If the insured dies within one year of the policy being signed due to a serious condition (listed in the general conditions) for which they were being treated when they signed up to the policy.
More things you need to know
- Our 'remission of debt' insurance provides death cover in the form of guaranteed-interest (class 21) life insurance.
- The KBC Remission of Debt policy is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The end of the investment credit results in termination of the cover of all insured persons. Any insured reaching the age of 65 ceases to be covered though, if there are other insured persons, they will of course continue to be covered.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for
any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can
contact KBC Complaints Management by post at
Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, by e-mail at email@example.com, by
telephone on 0800 62084 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid
number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be
reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de
Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves
the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
- If you would like an offer for KBC Investment Credit and KBC Remission of Debt insurance, please contact your KBC Bank branch.
- KBC Remission of Debt
insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van
Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group
Roll-Over Line of Credit
If you're planning commercial investments, such as taking over a business, you may wish to consider a KBC Roll-Over Line of Credit. And finance your investment in assets in the medium or long term.
Full Service Car Leasing
KBC Full Service Car Leasing enables you to finance your company car, while also covering repairs, maintenance, tyres, insurance, breakdown assistance, replacement vehicle, etc.
The agroflex credit facility is ideal for financing the purchase of farming or horticultural equipment or property. It's tailored to the needs of your business.