Horse or cattle farmers have a large portion of their capital invested in their animals. However, unfortunate events do not need to result in financial losses if you insure yourself against accidents and illness to protect your operating income.
Who is this insurance intended for?
- KBC Animal Insurance is exclusively intended for horse and cattle farmers, i.e. not for horse and cattle traders
- Cattle herd cover is intended for dairy farms
What is insured?
Individual horses or individual cattle
The insurance covers death or emergency slaughter, loss, permanent loss of value, and veterinary treatment, on condition that the cause is one of the following:
- Chronic lameness (only in the case of horses)
Optional cover: theft
Herds of cattle
Cover is provided for death or emergency slaughter due to an accident or illness.
Optional cover: theft
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Exacerbation of the situation due to illnesses or disabilities affecting the animals concerned prior to the claim event
- Illnesses whose control is regulated by the government
A 60-day waiting period applies for illness and chronic lameness cover. That means that the policy does not apply if the illness or chronic lameness occurs within 60 days of the commencement of the policy.
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance
- A 60-day waiting period applies for illness and chronic lameness cover.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Member of the KBC group