Why go for a Savings Account PLUS?
Maybe you've thought about investing your excess cash or starting to put savings aside. The KBC Savings Account PLUS is an interesting option for businesses that want to generate earnings on their cash reserves but still want to retain immediate access to their money.
Please note that only non-profit organisations, public authorities, government agencies and autonomous entities can open a KBC Savings Account PLUS. If you're not in this group, KBC has other types of savings accounts it can offer you. Learn more.
Main features of the Savings Account PLUS
|Base rate of interest||0.35%
These rates are gross and annualised and may be changed at any time. Current rates are always given here or can be obtained from your KBC Savings Account PLUS Bank branch. If rates change, we will inform account holders of this on their statements of account.
2. Free savings account
We'll make no charge for opening and managing your savings account. The KBC Savings Account PLUS is an open-ended product, letting you withdraw your funds any time you want.
3. Withholding tax
All interest that accrues is subject to Belgian withholding tax at a rate of 30% (income year 2023).
- Insolvency risk: a maximum of 100,000 euros of your aggregate deposits with KBC Bank are guaranteed per person, subject to certain conditions. In the event of KBC’s insolvency (e.g., if it goes into bankruptcy), you run the risk of losing any deposits you have over 100,000 euros, or their amount could be reduced or converted into shares. You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure from your KBC branch or from www.kbc.be/depositprotection.
- Inflation risk: this savings account also has an inflation risk, as sustained price increases can result in the amount deposited losing value.
You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure free of charge from your KBC Bank branch, or you can download it at www.kbc.be/depositprotection.
The KBC Savings Account PLUS is a regulated, open-ended savings account offered by KBC Bank NV (Belgium) and governed by Belgian law. Before opening a savings account with us, be sure to read our key information for savers.
If you have a complaint, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94, and/or email@example.com.
Funds with floor-price monitoring
- Ideal for longer-term cash surpluses
- Risks under control
- Professionally managed
Wealth Management Expert for Businesses
- Free analysis
- Comprehensive advice on how to grow your total assets
- Designed exclusively for businesses
Make optimum use of the dividend received deduction (DRD)
- Dividends exempt from tax
- An alternative to individual shares
- Fund managers take care of tracking