This insurance covers your movable and immovable property for various risks, including fire, vandalism and storms.
What is insured?
This insurance provides cover for loss or damage caused by the following:
- Fire, explosion, lightning strikes, damage caused by electricity or abnormal emissions of smoke or carbon within a building
- Collision with vehicles, falling aircraft, or animals, falling trees, cranes or lifting apparatus making contact with the building
- Malicious damage caused during vandalism, labour conflicts or attacks
- Water and fuel oil
Cover is also provided for loss or damage associated with the insured claim event, for instance caused by the rescue of people or goods, or by measures intended to limit the loss or damage.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Loss or damage affecting contents other than the home contents as a result of the cooling or ventilation system, etc.
- Vandalism to machines and vandalism to motor vehicles and their trailers, movable equipment or merchandise located outside a closed building
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for
any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can
contact KBC Complaints Management by post at
Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by
telephone on 0800 62084 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid
number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be
reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de
Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or email@example.com, which serves
the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 04200601 – BIC KREDBEBB Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Member of the KBC Group