This insurance covers your movable and immovable property for various risks, including fire, vandalism and storms.
As a retailer you can discover 9 types of additional cover tailored to the needs your business.
What is insured?
This insurance provides cover for loss or damage caused by the following:
- Fire, explosion, lightning strikes, damage caused by electricity or abnormal emissions of smoke or carbon within a building
- Collision with vehicles, falling aircraft, or animals, falling trees, cranes or lifting apparatus making contact with the building
- Malicious damage caused during vandalism, labour conflicts or attacks
- Water and fuel oil
- Storm and natural disasters
Cover is also provided for loss or damage associated with the insured claim event, for instance caused by the rescue of people or goods, or by measures intended to limit the loss or damage.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Damage to sun tents and canvases caused by storm
- Damage as the result of a collision or crash caused by you
- Loss or damage relating to war (civil or other), radioactivity, nuclear reactions or ionising radiation
As a retailer, you can add our new insurance solution to your property insurance policy. Read on to find out more about the 9 additional cover types.
Insurance solution tailored to the needs of your business
This solution provides 9 types of additional cover for your business.
- Cost recovery for continuity plan
If you sustain loss or damage, the additional costs incurred to ensure business continuity, for example for renting an emergency generator, are covered by this insurance.
- Loss of business due to roadworks
If you have taken out business interruption cover, this insurance provides compensation in the event that your premises are completely inaccessible to your customers due to roadworks in the vicinity of the insured location.
- Vending machines
This insurance provides all-risk cover, including against theft and vandalism, for the vending machines (bread vending machines, flower and food vending machines, etc.) at your business premises.
- Damage to building due to collision with own vehicle
If the building is included in your property insurance policy, this insurance covers damage to the building caused by a crash or collision, even if the collision was caused by you or your staff.
- Sun tents, awnings and canvases
This insurance covers damage caused by storm and related risks to sun tents, awnings or canvases attached to the buildings.
If the contents of the building are included in your property insurance policy, the sum insured for the contents will be increased by 10% when you organise an event (e.g., an open-house event, fair or staff party). Tents and marquees used during these events, including their contents, are also covered against storm and related risks.
- Merchandise with varying prices
Your business’ merchandise may fluctuate in value at any time during the year. With this supplement, the sum insured will be increased by 20% for a maximum of two months.
- Payment solutions and valuables
This insurance protects your payment systems against all risks, including theft and vandalism. Any valuables in the cash register or safe are covered against theft involving violence, threats or a break-in. The valuables are also covered during transit.
- Items belonging to staff
Items belonging to your staff are insured against damage caused by fire, storm, water damage and glass breakage.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary for the applicable insurance conditions and limits or to request a quotation for this insurance.
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 04200601 – BIC KREDBEBB Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Member of the KBC Group
For a concise description of the cover, the most important exclusions and other useful information, please refer to the product fact sheet.
Get ready for SCA by the end of 2020
Strong customer authentication (SCA) is making paying in European online stores safer. Is yours SCA-ready?
Coronavirus: frequently asked questions
Pension saving for the self-employed: pay less tax, build up more pension income
- Fewer taxes and social security contributions
- Supplementary pension capital
- Early use in property investment