After an insured claim event, you may, for a while, find yourself unable to perform your professional activities or unable to perform them properly. KBC Business Interruption Insurance allows you to cover the decrease in your operating result.
What is insured?
This insurance covers your loss of earnings as a result of material damage, as well as your ongoing fixed expenses. Any expenses you have incurred in order to limit the business interruption will also be covered.
Compensation eligibility requirements
The interruption of or reduction in the professional activity must be the result of an insured claim event or a similar claim event that occurs in the vicinity and restricts or cuts off access to your buildings
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Damage to goods caused by electricity
- Compensation you are required to pay due to an inability to comply with contractual obligations
Two different formulas:
- Insurance based on daily reimbursement
- Insurance based on turnover
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of financial loss insurance.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for
any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can
contact KBC Complaints Management by post at
Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, by e-mail at email@example.com, by
telephone on 0800 62084 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid
number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be
reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de
Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves
the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance
NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven –
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 04200601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group