KBC Theft Insurance covers you for loss of goods as a result of theft. In addition, it covers damage, even if the thief does not actually manage to steal anything.
What is insured?
This insurance covers you for loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft of, among other things, the following:
- Contents of the insured buildings: merchandise, equipment, animals, home contents and valuables (bonds, cash, gold, etc.)
- In certain situations, also home contents and equipment outside the buildings
- If the buildings are not insured under this policy, we will provide this cover up to an amount of 2,500 euros (ABEX 480). For tenants, we settle claims at the expense of the owner.
If the keys to your external doors or your safe are lost or stolen, we will pay for their replacement, as well as for the replacement of the locks with similar locks, both subject to a maximum of 500 euros (ABEX 480).
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Financial loss caused by theft of bank or credit cards
- Indirect loss, such as loss of earnings or loss of use
Required preventive measures
We expect you to act with due and proper care. This means taking a number of basic measures to prevent attempted theft. Depending on the risk of theft and the amounts insured, we may ask you to take extra measures.
Valuables, such as money and gold, are insured up to 2,000 euros (ABEX 480) as standard. More extensive cover is available in the form of Valuables Insurance.
Things you also need to know
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for
any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can
contact KBC Complaints Management by post at
Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free phone number)
or 078 152 045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 86 30 38. If no
satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance
Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves
the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV –
Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group
For a concise description of the cover, the most important exclusions and other useful information, please refer to the product fact sheet
- Fact sheet KBC Business Property Insurance for Offices and Buildings
- Fact sheet KBC Business Property Insurance for Glasshouse Horticulture
- Fact sheet KBC Business Property Insurance for Trade & Services
- Fact sheet KBC Business Property Insurance for Industry
- Fact sheet KBC Business Property Insurance for Agriculture & Horticulture
IPS (Individual Pension Scheme)
- Ideal for self-employed company owners
- Tax efficient
- Financial protection
for your loved ones
Pension Agreement for the Self-employed (POZ)
- The tax-efficient way to build up a supplementary pension
- Guaranteed return
- Combine with a VAPZ