There are quite a few situations in which legal assistance is more than just ‘nice to have’. Legal assistance insurance provides you with the legal and financial back-up you need. That’s reassuring for any company manager or director.
What is legal assistance insurance?
Who is insured?
What is insured?
- If you, as company manager or director, suffer loss or damage for which someone else is responsible, we will assist you in obtaining compensation, even from government authorities and other insurers.
- We will take charge of your criminal defence if criminal proceedings are taken against you for an unintentional offence during your business operations.
- And if the person who has to pay your loss or damage turns out to be insolvent, we will provide cover of up to 12 500 euros with an additional 12 500 euros in the case of bodily injury.
What is not insured?
There are a few exclusions from the legal assistance insurance, including:
- Items covered by industrial accident legislation
- Purely non-material loss or damage
- Vehicle disputes
- Deliberate offences
Additional cover is provided for certain sectors. Each of these sectors has its own characteristics within the legal assistance insurance. The different sectors are listed below:
- Garage and related professions
- Wellness, beauty and health
- Construction and installation firms
- Agriculture and horticulture
The Voluntary Supplementary Pension Scheme for the Self-Employed (VAPZ) takes away the financial worries later in life. Discover the KBC Life Pension Plan.
Professional Liability Insurance
What if you have to pay compensation or incur legal expenses because you or one of your employees commits a professional error? KBC Professional Liability Insurance covers both you and your business: we pay those amounts for you. Find out all about it.
Accident insurance (employees’ private life)
Your employees are insured 24 hours a day, even outside working hours. All your employees can then be secure in the knowledge that they are insured against any accidents they become involved in.
KBC Group Hospitalisation Insurance
Group Hospitalisation Insurance: a supplementary benefit your employees will thank you for. It saves them from having to take out insurance while their hospital expenses are covered, and as an employer you are exempt from paying social security contributions on the premiums.