There are quite a few situations in which legal assistance is more than just ‘nice to have’. Legal assistance insurance provides you with the legal and financial back-up you need. That’s reassuring for any company manager or director.
What is legal assistance insurance?
Who is insured?
What is insured?
- If you, as company manager or director, suffer loss or damage for which someone else is responsible, we will assist you in obtaining compensation, even from government authorities and other insurers.
- We will take charge of your criminal defence if criminal proceedings are taken against you for an unintentional offence during your business operations.
- And if the person who has to pay your loss or damage turns out to be insolvent, we will provide cover of up to 12 500 euros with an additional 12 500 euros in the case of bodily injury.
What is not insured?
There are a few exclusions from the legal assistance insurance, including:
- Items covered by industrial accident legislation
- Purely non-material loss or damage
- Vehicle disputes
- Deliberate offences
Additional cover is provided for certain sectors. Each of these sectors has its own characteristics within the legal assistance insurance. The different sectors are listed below:
- Garage and related professions
- Wellness, beauty and health
- Construction and installation firms
- Agriculture and horticulture
Individual pension schemes
As a self-employed business manager, you can build up a personal pension through your company. Find out about the terms of the KBC Keyman Benefit Plan now.
Insure the goods you're transporting
If you're on the road with a substantial amount of your own capital equipment and merchandise in your vehicle, you can protect your load against risks such as damage or theft by taking out our goods in transit insurance.
Guaranteed Pay (Employees)
When an employee is temporarily unable to work, he or she is still entitled to receive a wage. To cover this cost for you as an employer, you can take out 'Guaranteed Wage' insurance.
Director’s liability insurance
What if another company, NPO or individual claims damages from you because of an error you commit as a director? KBC Liability Insurance for Directors and Officers protects your own company or association and your own personal assets. Find out all about it.