Goods in transit insurance protects your load against theft or damage if you're travelling around with a significant amount of capital equipment and merchandise in your vehicle. Recommended for tradespeople (such as plumbers, joiners and electricians) and delivery services (like drinks deliveries). This insurance applies during transport for your own account.
What does the insurance include?
- Damage to the goods being transported in the event of a traffic accident
- Fire, explosion or fire-extinguishing operations
- Forces of nature
- Theft (optional cover)
The insurance covers goods located in the insured vehicle, i.e. a light commercial vehicle
- during transport for your own account in Belgium and up to 150 km outside Belgium
- while parked at the policyholder's address, at the private address, at the delivery address or at the location where you perform work on site
- while making an unscheduled stop lasting no longer than two hours
What does the insurance not include (main exclusions)?
- Damage to the vehicle itself
- Damage caused by overloading or the poor state of the vehicle
- Theft from the passenger compartment
- Goods such as securities, fuels, jewels, animals
- Damage not rendering equipment inoperable
Additional things you must be aware of
- Goods in transit insurance is a type of property damage insurance.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and will tacitly renew unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 620 84 (free) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (pay number), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman, which serves the whole industry, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as. Your right to raise legal proceedings is not affected.
For a KBC Goods in Transit Insurance policy quote, please contact your KBC insurance intermediary.
Third-party liability for your business
Doing business can lead to losses and damage for which you can be held liable. This policy insures you in the event that someone files a claim against you.
Legal assistance insurance
If your business inflicts damage on others (outside your business), you will have to compensate them. KBC Legal Assistance Insurance covers you in this situation.
Compulsory industrial accident insurance
When you take on employees, you are legally required to take out industrial accident insurance for them immediately. In this way, you limit the financial consequences if an employee is involved in an accident at work or on the way to or from work.
KBC Group Hospitalisation Insurance
Group Hospitalisation Insurance: a supplementary benefit your employees will thank you for. It saves them from having to take out insurance while their hospital expenses are covered, and as an employer you are exempt from paying social security contributions on the premiums.