Do your children sometimes give you a hand in your business? Go to the post office to post some business letters? Or out to deliver an order for you? That is no problem at all. But remember that they, too, could have an accident along the way. For example, what if you ask your son to fetch you a bottle of water from the basement at your business and he falls down the stairs? Did this accident happen in his private life or while he was helping you out? To play it safe, it's always a good idea to insure your family members for both scenarios. And that's what you can do with our accident insurance for family members. This insurance covers them both in their private life and when they are with you on your company's premises.
Why you should go for accident insurance for your family
Who is insured?
With our accident insurance for family members, you can insure all members of your family All accidents are insured, whether they occur at your company or during their private life. And they don't have to go through any medical acceptance procedure.
Important! All named insured under the policy continue to be insured until the age of 75.
What does accident insurance for family members cover?
The policy covers the commonest accidents in your family members' private lives:
- domestic accidents
- accidents while practising sports
- children’s accidents at school
- traffic accidents
- accidents whilst travelling.
The policy also covers accidents incurred by members of your family when they help out unpaid in your business.
You can insure certain dangerous sports (e.g., deep-sea diving, parachuting) and riding a motorbike with a capacity of 50 cc or more by means of an additional premium.
Cover for following costs and compensation:
- the costs of medical care and related expenses
- compensation in the event of permanent work disability: even if your family member is able to resume certain acts after the accident, it is possible that they could have to bear a permanent disability for the rest of their life. The sufferer will then receive compensation
- supplementary compensation for serious permanent injury: after sustaining serious permanent injury, long-term help may be needed from others or special alterations may be required to the victim's car (adapted seat) or home (installation of a lift or wider doors), Additional financial payments are made to the insured to cover these outlays
- financial compensation to next of kin in cases of death and reimbursement of funeral expenses up to 5 000 euros
What is not insured?
This insurance has some key exclusions, the main ones being:
We do not insure accidents that occur while your family members are being paid to work in your business. For such accidents you must take out compulsory industrial accident insurance
Profitable sports, including the required training
A number of competitive sports such as combat sports, motorised sports, skiing, skeleton and bobsleigh
|Accidents caused deliberately or by serious misconduct such as drunkenness|
What you need to know
- Accident Insurance for Family Members is accident insurance forming part of our KBC Commercial Employee Insurance Cover
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium
- The policy is valid for one year or three years. The policy is tacitly renewed on the renewal date for successive terms of the same duration as the initial term that is contracted unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel.: 0800 620 84 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply) – Fax: + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels – E-mail: email@example.com – Website: www.ombudsman.as
This does not affect your legal rights
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation
for this insurance
KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed for all insurance classes under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Member of the KBC Group
Compulsory industrial accident insurance
When you take on employees, you are legally required to take out industrial accident insurance for them immediately. In this way, you limit the financial consequences if an employee is involved in an accident at work or on the way to or from work.
Third-party liability for your business
Doing business can lead to losses and damage for which you can be held liable. This policy insures you in the event that someone files a claim against you.
Accident insurance (for unpaid helpers)
Separate cover for friends and family who lend an occasional hand in your company free of charge.