The value of valuables that are destroyed, damaged or lost often exceeds that of the compensation provided under the majority of insurance policies. We therefore offer you the option of insuring your valuables separately, giving you reassurance, also in the event of an unwelcome surprise.
What are valuables?
- Valuables owned by the insured person
- Valuables the insured person is holding in safe custody for another party
- Unset gems and pearls
- Bars of precious metals
- Meal vouchers
- Other monetary instruments and means of payment with ‘bearer’ monetary value, on condition that these goods can be converted into cash at a bank, stock exchange or on a public and legally permitted financial market.
What is insured?
This is a form of all-risk insurance, meaning that everything is covered, with the exception of the explicit exclusions. The insurance applies as standard up to 2,000 euros (ABEX 480) for valuables located in the buildings at the specified location.
In addition to the standard insurance up to 2,000 euros, the following can be insured:
- The valuables in the safe: cover is also provided during financial transactions in the area where the safe is located
- The valuables in the cash registers: if the theft is perpetrated during or up to one hour before or after opening hours, cover is also provided during financial transactions in the area where the cash registers are located
- The valuables the insured person is transporting: this is useful for insured persons who make deliveries to their clients and receive payments in cash
- Counterfeit money: on condition that 2,000-euro banknotes are checked for authenticity
If theft is perpetrated in areas at times when they are freely accessible, cover is only provided if the victim is violently assaulted or threatened.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Abuse of trust and fraud perpetrated by third parties
- Simple disappearance
- Theft of valuables from an unattended vehicle.
- Exception: when the valuables are left in a locked boot and are not visible from the outside
We offer a number of standard formulas, such as for retail establishments, offices and street traders. In addition, we offer tailor-made valuables insurance.
More things you need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or email@example.com, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 04200601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group