You can take out this insurance to cover your chickens or pigs against suffocation, or if you have a mushroom farm.
What is insured?
There are two options: limited cover and extensive cover
- Limited cover
With limited cover, you are insured against changes in climate and growth factors caused by a claim event we compensated that affected the goods.
Limited cover does not, under any circumstances, insure you against changes in climate and growth factors caused by lightning strikes or electricity.
- Extensive cover
With extensive cover, you are also insured against changes in climate and growth factors caused by malfunctions of the systems that control those growth factors, such as ventilation systems.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Incorrect programming or configuration of the system that controls the growth factors
- Overloading of or experimentation with devices and systems
- Conception errors
- Transmission of diseases to goods that were not affected by the changes in the climatic and growth factors
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC group