With both below- and above-ground fuel-oil tanks, leakage, whilst not highly likely, is always a possibility. If you insure yourself against the consequences of a leak, we will arrange for soil remediation, even if the leak came from one of the tank’s pipes.
What types of fuel-oil tanks are covered?
Cover is only provided for fuel-oil tanks for heating. This includes both above- and below-ground tanks, although an age restriction applies for the latter:
- 45 years for below-ground tanks outside a water extraction area or a protection zone
- 35 years for below-ground tanks in a water extraction area or a protection zone
Please note, the total storage capacity at the insured location may not exceed 20 000 litres, irrespective of the number of tanks there.
What is insured?
- Location and limitation of the contamination
We will send an assessor who will determine the seriousness of the contamination and take measures to limit the consequences.
They will then inform you of the relevant statutory procedures and help you take care of the formalities.
We will take on the responsibility of the remediation project and pay for the works on your behalf, and will do so in accordance with the prescribed procedures and remediation directives.
In certain cases, the contamination can spread to neighbouring premises. If this has happened in your case, we will continue the remediation works there.
- Damage caused by the remediation works
We will return your garden and land to their original condition, along with the gardens and land of any affected third parties.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Historical contamination
- Contamination occurring within the first 30 days of the commencement date of the insurance if it is caused by corrosion of the below-ground tank
- Contamination caused by substances other than fuel oil
- The decrease in value or the loss of use of your remediated soil
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for
any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can
contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100,
3000 Leuven, by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone
on 0800 62084 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid number), or by
fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you
can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35,
1000 Brussels, or firstname.lastname@example.org, which serves
the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV
– Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven –
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC group