The quality and shelf life of merchandise can be affected by environmental factors. Take salt in humid conditions or meat in hot conditions, for instance. The systems that optimise the conditions in which this merchandise is kept can, on occasion, malfunction. This insurance is designed to provide cover against the financial losses this can cause.
What is insured?
This insurance offers two options:
- Extensive cover for changes in environmental factors caused by a malfunction of the system that controls these factors, such as a cold store that suddenly stops working.
- More limited cover that only insures you against changes caused by an insured claim event, such as fire or water damage.
The scope of the limited cover is determined based on the scope of cover provided by the other forms of insurance in the policy.
The limited cover under no circumstances insures you against damage caused by change in the environmental factors as a result of lighting strikes or electricity.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Incorrect programming or configuration of the systems that control the environmental factors
- Overloading of or experimentation with devices and systems
- Conception errors
- Poor freezing, or defectiveness or deterioration of the goods
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 (freephone number) or 078 152 045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 86 30 38. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or email@example.com, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Member of the KBC group