Shop with peace of mind
Whether you’re an avid online shopper or more of an in-store purist, the shopping package linked to your KBC Credit Card covers you for damage to or theft of your purchases and provides you with 2 years' extra warranty on top of the statutory 2-year period.
What type of insurance cover is included in the Shopping package?
Protect your purchases against damage or theft
Ripped your skirt when getting up from your chair or had your laptop stolen from the boot of your car? With Purchase Protection Insurance, your purchased items are covered for damage or theft.
You can claim on the Purchase Protection Insurance for:
- Accidental damage
- Aggravated theft of your
- purchased items
- Up to 90 days after the date of purchase or delivery insured items purchased online (cover is always provided from the date of purchase)
- The items are new and have been sold by a professional vendor
- The items are intended for personal use
- The value of the insured items is at least 50 euros (VAT included, excluding postage and delivery costs)
The repair costs or the new price of your insured item will be reimbursed up to 3 000 euros per claim event and per insurance year. If the repair costs exceed the new replacement value, only the new replacement value will be reimbursed.
This insurance covers purchases made anywhere in the world.
The main excluded items are:
- Foreign currencies
- Traveller’s cheques
- Marketable securities
- Mobile phones
- Second-hand or used goods
- Jewellery, watches
- Works of art
Get an additional 2 years’ warranty beyond the statutory period
Has your appliance or device been damaged after the statutory warranty has expired? With Extended Warranty Insurance, you get an additional 2 years’ warranty for newly purchased appliances or devices.
Extended Warranty Insurance covers the following categories:
- White goods: electrical and electronic household appliances
- Brown goods: audio, TV and video appliances
- Grey goods: computer products and accessories
- DIY equipment: any electrical and electronic DIY equipment for use in the home
The repair costs or the new price of your insured item will be reimbursed up to 3 000 euros per claim event and per insurance year. If the repair costs exceed the new replacement value, only the new replacement value will be reimbursed, i.e. the new-for-old value on the day of the claim.
- Any deliberate damage caused by the insured or members of their household
- Loss or unaccountable disappearance
- Damage during transport
- Normal wear and tear
- Superficial/cosmetic damage such as scratches or dents
- A defect in the insured item covered by the statutory warranty
Insure your online purchases
If your online purchase gets damaged during delivery or the wrong product is delivered and the supplier refuses to take responsibility, this cover ensures you get your money back.
You are covered when:
- Your purchase cost at least 100 euros
- You made your purchase from an online store in the European Union or the United States
The maximum amount of compensation is 1 500 euros per claim event and per insurance year.
- Non-delivery of the insured item due to a strike
- A hidden defect in the insured item
- Purchases made from fake or fraudulent websites
More information about the Shopping package
Activating your Shopping package:
- Log in to KBC Mobile
- Tap ‘My KBC’
- Scroll to ‘Means of payment’ and select your credit card
- Tap the three dots at the top right
- Tap ‘View packages’ if you haven’t added a package, or tap ‘Manage’ next to ‘Your packages’ if you’ve already added one
- Select the ‘Shopping package’ and read the accompanying information document
- Tap ‘I'll take this package’
- Tap ‘Sign’ and follow the instructions
- Your package is activated as soon as you sign
Cancelling your Shopping package:
- Log in to KBC Mobile
- Tap ‘My KBC’ Scroll to ‘Means of payment’ and select your credit card Tap the three dots at the top right
- Tap ‘Manage’ next to ‘Your packages’ Unselect the ‘shopping package’
- Tap ‘Sign’ and follow the instructions
- Your package is cancelled as soon as you sign
You can cancel your package after the minimum 12-month term. If you cancel it after this minimum term, the cancellation will take effect on the last day of the current month.
- Before filling in the claim form, carefully go through the general conditions to find out what is and isn't covered.
- Complete the claim form fully and clearly (each question is important for processing your file). You can find the claim form under ‘Additional information’ at the bottom of this page.
- Add the relevant supporting documents.
- Send your claim with all the attachments in one go. Your claim will be processed faster and more thoroughly if your file is complete. If you send a document later, remember to state the number assigned to your file to ensure that the document ends up in the right place. You can send a claim by post to KBC Insurance or e-mail it to email@example.com.
Good to know
The KBC Credit Card is a credit card issued by: KBC Bank NV, with registered office at Havenlaan 2, 1080 Brussels, Belgium. VAT BE 0462.920.226, RLP Brussels, FSMA 026 256 A.
The KBC Flex Budget facility is an open-ended credit facility linked to the KBC Credit Card and used as an additional means of drawing credit.
Lender and card issuer: KBC Bank NV. Subject to your card or credit application being approved by KBC Bank NV.
All insurance cover referred to is subject to Belgian law. This insurance cover is a class-16 product (financial loss insurance).
KBC Bank has taken out Shopping Package insurance with KBC Insurance. You are only insured if you were holding an active credit card and were still signed up to the package without interruption from the time the purchase was made until the claim event occurred.
The insurance ends by operation of law when the contract between KBC Bank NV and the insurer is terminated.
Credit card holders can sign up to the Shopping Package at any time. Insurance cover starts on the first hour of the day following membership and lasts for a period of at least one year. After this period, you can withdraw from the insurance at any time by going through the digital process in KBC Mobile or by having its cancellation registered at a KBC branch.
The conditions of cover are available from any KBC branch or at www.kbc.be/en/creditcard. The applicable general conditions alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer. The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 or email@example.com, www.ombfin.be. For complaints about insurance, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.