For the future and now: tax-efficient saving with KBC
Pension saving and long-term saving are two tax-efficient solutions for your retirement plans. You set money aside for later in life and in the meantime, you can earn up to 30% tax relief every year. Moreover, there are many situations where you can combine both products to maximise your tax benefit.
You save for your future and meanwhile reap tax benefits every year.
- Up to 317.50 euros in tax relief (depending on the amount you save)
- Maximum amount qualifying for tax relief: 990 euros or 1,270 euros a year
- By means of a pension savings fund or pension savings insurance plan
- Final tax of 8%
- Over 3 million people in Belgium are already saving for their pension
- Up to 705 euros in tax relief (also depending on your income)
- Maximum amount qualifying for tax relief: 2,350 euros a year
- By means of a savings-linked insurance or investment-type insurance product
- Final tax of 10%
- Ability to designate a beneficiary (in the event of your death)
The whats and hows of tax-efficient saving
Tax-efficient saving simply means you can claim tax relief in the form of a tax reduction on the amounts you save. This effectively is an incentive from the government to encourage you to save over the long term.
Most people start with pension saving and, if they wish, can supplement it with a long-term savings product. This can be an interesting way to get even more tax relief, to pay for mortgage protection cover and/or to designate a beneficiary for the capital you’ve built up.