Your personal accident insurance
- Quick reimbursement of your expenses
- Same premium for one, two or more children
- Worldwide cover
- Also for non-customers
What is accident insurance?
KBC‘s personal accident insurance covers you for personal accidents, including accidents at home, in your garden, doing sports or pursuing hobbies.
Accidents will happen... You could fall off a ladder when gutter cleaning, hurt yourself pruning, cycling or jogging, or burn yourself with an iron. And those are just a few of the recognisable everyday accidents. If the worst does happen, it’s reassuring to know that you’re well covered by personal accident insurance.
Why is accident insurance necessary?
Did you come off your bike or fall while you were skiing? Or did you suffer serious burns while barbecuing? Your health insurance fund or hospitalisation insurance doesn't always reimburse all of your medical expenses. For example, physiotherapy, cost of a first prosthesis, glasses, etc. Our personal accident insurance does, for up to five years after your accident.
It also provides financial support for you or your next of kin if you become permanently physically disabled or die. For example, to purchase a wheelchair, to make modifications to your home like installing a lift, to make modifications to your car, to purchase an assistance dog, or for other investments and extra costs after the accident.
Personal accident insurance covers you, your partner and your children against the financial consequences of an accident. It even covers your children's playmates (up to the age of 14) when they're over at your house to play.
Work out the cost of your accident insurance and apply online
- Use our handy calculator to quickly work out what your accident insurance will cost you. To determine if we can immediately offer you accident insurance online, we consider details concerning the insured and their insurance history.
- You can take out your insurance immediately online, even if you're not yet with us.
- Easily and quickly file an accident claim with our app.
- And with us, you're not on your own. There's always a KBC Insurance agent in your neighbourhood who will be happy to help you with your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online.
Be sure to read what is and isn’t covered.
- Medical care following a personal accident, for example:
- While performing household chores
- While practising recreational sports
- At school if you've also insured your schoolgoing children
- While engaged in an unpaid hobby
- While travelling for non-professional purposes
- While travelling for personal reasons
- Accommodation for a family member who stays overnight with the victim in hospital
Compensation in the event of
- Permanent physical disability
Reimbursement of the funeral expenses
Personal accident insurance is valid worldwide.
- Subject to the Belgian Workers’ Compensation Act or corresponding foreign legislation
- During competitions, matches and training sessions for full-contact martial arts such as boxing and kick-boxing, motorised sports, kite-flying, skiing, water skiing, snowboarding, skeleton and bobsleighing
- Caused by you intentionally or through gross negligence and where you're aged 16 or over. For example, if you’ve been using alcohol or drugs
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
What we reimburse as standard
- Medical care and related expenses such as suitable transport are insured up to 5 000 euros. Your own risk (deductible) is 50 euros.
- If you suffer a degree of permanent physical disability of over 5%, you receive compensation of up to 50 000 euros, taking into account the degree of disability. For each commenced bracket of physical disability of 5%, you receive 2 500 euros.
- For example, if you have a degree of disability of 50%, you receive 25 000 euros
- If it's 51%, you receive 27 500 euros
- A permanent physical disability of at least 67% is equivalent to full physical disability, so in that case, you receive 50 000 euros
- If you die within three years after the accident, your next of kin receive financial support. We pay them a benefit of 5 000 euros. In addition, we reimburse up to 5 000 euros for the funeral expenses. On the death of an insured child, we only reimburse the funeral expenses.
Discover the answers to frequently asked questions
If you opt for our VIP option, we double all sums insured!
For example: medical care is insured as standard up to 5 000 euros. However, under the VIP option, we reimburse your medical expenses up to 10 000 euros.
The amount of your deductible with respect to medical expenses and any related expenses remains 50 euros.
If you insure your children, all your and/or your cohabiting partner's children and future children are automatically insured as long as they still live with you. If they no longer live with you, they remain insured as long as they don't have an earned income or replacement income and are being supported by you or your cohabiting partner.
If you're not living with your partner, only your own children are insured.
If you also want to insure your partner's children, please contact us to discuss your options.
Feel free to contact our Insurance Expert if you want to insure
- All personal accidents
- For example: motorcycling, mountaineering, deep-sea diving, etc.
- Only traffic accidents
- Your grandchildren's accidents too
- Other amounts
What if you are unable to work due to illness or an accident and you lose your professional income? With KBC Guaranteed Income, you receive benefits to top up those paid by your health insurance fund every month.
Learn more about guaranteed income for the self-employed.
Good to know
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium
- Insurance cover under this policy is valid for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless you terminate it no later than three months before the main renewal date
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 (free of charge) or + 32 78 86 30 38 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.
To request a premium calculation for personal accident insurance, visit www.kbc.be, use KBC Touch or KBC Mobile, or contact your Insurance Expert.
KBC Accident Insurance is a product from KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). Member of the KBC Group