Getting started with Kate Deals
- We analyse and use your data to show you a personalised selection of Kate Deals. To use the Kate Deals service, you have to be over 18 years of age and accept the relevant terms and conditions.
- You have a personal current account at KBC for receiving the cashbacks you earn.
- You have opted for ‘Personalised’ and accepted ‘Extra convenience’.
We offer two types of deal
- Discount code: you get money off your purchase when you show a discount code
- Cashback: we credit the discount to your account after you’ve made the purchase
Can’t see a particular deal in the list any more?
- Deals are time-limited. As soon as the deal expires, it disappears from the list and you can’t use it any more.
- Some deals can only be used a certain number of times. Once you’ve redeemed an activated deal the maximum number of times, it disappears automatically from the list.
Deals involving a cashback are separate from any other offers or promotions run by the retailers themselves. So you’re free to combine all the benefits.
For deals with a discount code, it’s the retailer who decides what the discount code can be used for. Just tap the deal in question for more information.
KBC only uses your details to identify the deals that are relevant to you. We don’t share them with the participating retailers.
Some retailers prefer to offer deals only to new customers, others only to existing ones.
They may also decide only to offer deals to customers who live in the same province as where their outlet is located.
Your deals may also be shown in a different order to someone else’s, because we rank them according to your personal details and other information.
Deals with cashback
As the name suggests, cashback means getting money back. It’s not an immediate discount, but an amount you get back after purchasing a product or service.
Your cashback from Kate Deals can be either a fixed amount or a percentage of the total purchase amount. In some cases, a minimum purchase amount applies.
1. Shop and automatically redeem your deal
Pay online or in-store with a KBC personal account (using your debit card, credit card, KBC Mobile, Payconiq, etc.).
2. Get cashbacks
Your cashbacks will be credited automatically to the account you paid with, or the account your credit card is linked to, on the first business day of the month following the purchase. See how much you’ve saved via the ‘Cashbacks’ tab.
3. Return period
Some retailers have a return period during which you may return all or part of your purchase. This means you'll not receive some cashbacks until after that period has expired if you've not returned your purchase during the cooling-off period or sent it back to the shop. You can see exactly when this period ends – if there is one – for each cashback under ‘Pending cashbacks’.
On the first business day of the month. They’re credited to the (joint) account you paid with or the (joint) account your credit card is linked to.
- Did you make the purchase at a participating shop or online store?
- Did you buy something today? If so, your cashback will appear in the list tomorrow.
- Are you sure you activated the deal?
- Did you make your purchase before the deal expired?
- Did you use a KBC means of payment to pay?
- Has the purchase price been debited from your account yet?
- Did you pay with a credit card? If so, it can take a bit longer to go through.
If you bought something at the end of the month, your cashbacks may not have been registered right away. In that case, they appear under ‘Still to be received’ and will be paid the following month.
Like to use the cash to support a favourite club or organisation? Simply open KBC Mobile, go to 'Kate Deals' > 'Manage' > 'Support a club or organisation with Trooper' and choose who you'd like to support. Your cashbacks will then be credited to your favourite club or organisation every month.
If you want, you can share your name and e-mail address. Trooper will then notify your favourite club or organisation that you’re supporting them and will also send you an e-mail as soon as they receive your donation. If you'd like to know how Trooper processes your data, go to its data protection statement (in Dutch). If you'd rather remain anonymous, just select the checkbox indicating that your name and e-mail address may not be shared.
You can change the club or organisation you want to support at any time, or cancel your donations. Any changes apply to all your cashbacks over the past month and to all cashbacks you earn in the future.
Deals with a discount code
You can see when a deal has a discount code by the small image of the code at the bottom left of the tile.
Tap the relevant deal and generate your code.
All discount codes you generate can be found in the deals start screen. They remain there while they are still valid.
The discount codes you can use in shops are also easy to find offline
- Open KBC Mobile
- Tap the notch (with the wallet icon) on the right side of the app’s screen