Why choose guaranteed income insurance as a self-employed person?
Could you, as a self-employed person, get by on less than 55 euros a day? Of course you couldn't. But what if you were unable to work due to illness or an accident and you lost your professional income? With KBC Guaranteed Income, you receive benefits to top up those paid by your health insurance fund every month. And we also refund your premium during that period of work disability.
Benefits of KBC Guaranteed Income
- Duration: your guaranteed income insurance automatically covers you until the day you turn 65. You're free to cancel the policy whenever you want.
- Deferment period: you decide how long you can manage without benefits: 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. The longer the deferment period, the lower the premium. If you become unfit for work again within 3 months, the period doesn't start again.
- Supplementary physical disability cover: if your degree of physical disability exceeds your degree of work disability, your benefits are based on your degree of physical disability.
- Indexation: You can opt for your benefits and premiums to be indexed or have them stay the same.
- Your premium counts as a professional expense and is tax-deductible (except for physical disabilities). But you still have to pay an insurance tax of 9.25% on it. Your benefits are taxed as replacement income or pension.
The tax treatment of your benefits and premium will depend on your individual circumstances and may change at any time
With KBC Guaranteed Income, you can cover up to 80% of your professional income in the event of illness, accidents outside of and at work (including while travelling to and from work).
What are the main exclusions?
Work disability which starts, becomes longer or more serious due to:
- The consequences of an existing illness or a previous accident
- An attempted suicide
- The consequences of excessive consumption of alcohol or drugs
- Certain mental health conditions
Get insurance to cover your regular expenses and loans
When you're unfit for work, you still have to pay your regular expenses and loans. You can take out extra insurance with KBC to finance your regular expenses and loans for the months during which you're unable to work.
Have a company? Get insurance to cover your turnover too
Are you self-employed with your own company? Then your company's profits and turnover are also likely to suffer during the months in which you're unable to work.
Our KBC Guaranteed Income lets you add cover for loss of turnover that pays out during your absence (the funds are remitted to the company). This type of cover could be just what you need, especially if you have a one-man company or management company.
‘Right to be forgotten’ for ex-cancer patients
The 'right to be forgotten' means that in some cases, an insurer may not take into account cancers and specific chronic disorders when an application is made for loan-linked death cover.
Likewise, in certain cases when applying for or joining guaranteed income insurance, the insurer may not take into account cancers and specific chronic disorders either.
However, one of the conditions is that you correctly mention all the disorders you have suffered or are suffering from in the medical questionnaire.
More information on the conditions for the 'right to be forgotten' can be found at https://www.assuralia.be/fr/droit-a-l-oubli/assurance-revenu-garanti (information also available in Dutch).
Good to know
- KBC Guaranteed Income work disability insurance policy.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is valid until you reach retirement age. You can cancel the policy every year.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 email@example.com, tel. 0800 620 84 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman-insurance.be.
This does not affect your legal rights.
For a KBC Guaranteed Income quote and to calculate your premium, please contact your Insurance Expert.
KBC Guaranteed Income is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC group