Why go for a credit card?
The free KBC Credit Card gives you the freedom and convenience to make payments and withdraw cash anywhere in the world. Moreover, what you spend during the month is not debited from your account right away, but instead at the beginning of the following month.
The KBC Credit Card is in fact a card that you can customise to suit your personal needs. You can, for instance:
- Set your own limit
- Spread your repayments if you wish
- Choose from a range of optional, fee-based insurance packages and service packages that ensure maximum convenience
Find out more about the credit card
The KBC Credit Card comes free with the KBC Basic Account and KBC Plus Account.
Choose the maximum amount you may spend per month (for example, when you’re on holiday), provided the limit has been approved first.
- Pay conveniently at merchants worldwide using the Mastercard network.
- Shop online with ease on your smartphone or desktop no matter where you are (whether you’re shopping online, booking a holiday, reserving tickets or taking out a subscription, pay in a flash with your KBC Credit Card).
- Withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide.
Generally speaking, what you put on your credit card is usually deducted from your account in one go the following month. If you prefer to spread your repayments over several months, you can link a KBC Flex Budget facility to your KBC Credit Card. This is an extra cash reserve which you pay back at your own pace. When you use it, you only pay interest on the amount outstanding.
Depending on your specific needs, you can link your KBC Credit Card to one of our insurance packages or service packages. If you want, you’re free to combine them too.
You can choose from these optional packages:
- Shopping package (1.50 euros/month): Recently bought an expensive pullover and snagged one of the sleeves? Was your online purchase damaged when delivered or was it not what you ordered? With the shopping package linked to your KBC Credit Card, you’re covered for damage to or theft of your in-store and online purchases. Not only that, you also get two years' extra warranty on top of the statutory two-year period.
- Travel package (7.00 euros/month): Need to unexpectedly cancel or cut short your trip or has your luggage been delayed? Perhaps you’ve damaged your hire car and have to pay the excess? Just add the travel package to your KBC Credit Card and travel with peace of mind wherever you go.
- Luxury package (25.00 euros/month): Want a premium experience at all times, wherever you are? With the luxury package added to your KBC Credit Card, you really get to experience what luxury is all about. A Personal Travel & Lifestyle Manager is there for you 24/7 to inspire you for your personal needs, in planning exclusive trips or when buying high-end luxury goods. And that’s not all – you also get to access airport lounges throughout the world.
Good to know
The KBC Credit Card is a credit card issued by: KBC Bank NV, with registered office at Havenlaan 2, 1080 Brussels, Belgium. VAT BE 0462.920.226, RLP Brussels, FSMA 026 256 A.
The KBC Flex Budget facility is an open-ended credit facility linked to the KBC Credit Card and used as an additional means of drawing credit.
Lender and card issuer: KBC Bank NV. Subject to your card or credit application being approved by KBC Bank NV.
All insurance cover referred to is subject to Belgian law. This insurance cover is a class-16 product (financial loss insurance).
KBC Bank has taken out Travel Package insurance with KBC Insurance. You are only entitled to compensation if you were already signed up to this insurance at the time of booking and paying for the travel or rental vehicle in the relevant contract and you were still covered by the insurance at the time of the claim event. You therefore must hold an active credit card and still be signed up to this Travel Package without interruption.
KBC Bank has taken out Shopping Package insurance with KBC Insurance. You are only insured if you were holding an active credit card and were still signed up to the package without interruption from the time the purchase was made until the claim event occurred.
The insurance ends by operation of law when the contract between KBC Bank NV and the insurer is terminated.
Credit card holders can sign up to the Shopping Package or the Travel Package at any time. Insurance cover starts on the first hour of the day following membership and lasts for a period of at least one year. After this period, you can withdraw from the insurance at any time by going through the digital process in KBC Mobile or by having its cancellation registered at a KBC Bank branch.
The conditions of cover are available from any KBC branch or at www.kbc.be/en/creditcard. The applicable general conditions alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer. The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 or email@example.com, www.ombfin.be. For complaints about insurance, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.