If your card is lost or stolen, it's important to block it immediately. Even when you're abroad. The quickest way to do so is via Card Stop in KBC Mobile.
How do I block my card in KBC Mobile?
- Log in to KBC Mobile
- Tap ‘My KBC’ and go to ‘Your contacts'
- Tap 'All contacts' and select 'Card Stop' under 'General contacts'
- Select the card(s) you want to block
- Select the reason (lost card, stolen card or suspected fraud)
- Confirm to block your card
Withdrawing cash abroad
You can also have your card blocked by calling Card Stop on +32 70 344 344 (calling rates will depend on your location and operator). In addition, you can request the Emergency Cash Advance Service from Card Stop.
By requesting this service, cash is made available to you normally within two hours of your request and is carried out generally via Western Union (if a branch is located in your area). The branch phone number will depend on where you are.
You can request the maximum amount that's still available on your blocked KBC Credit Card/Prepaid Card. Settlement will be made through your billing statement.
It's also possible to have money transferred to you by a friend or family member.
What should I do if I also lose my smartphone?
What should I do if I lose my card abroad?
- Block your card in KBC Mobile or call Card Stop
- Is your KBC Credit Card/Prepaid Card blocked and do you need cash? Call Card Stop, and you'll be given a local phone number to arrange for a cash advance
- You can pick up the cash in your area