Limited number of services
The basic banking service is a package comprising a current account and a limited number of services for all your basic transactions.
Online and mobile banking
Check your balance or transfer money on your smartphone, desktop or tablet thanks to KBC Mobile and KBC Touch.
Provided for by law
If you don't have a current account and have less than 6 000 euros on your savings account, you are entitled by law to access a basic banking service.
What is a basic banking service?
In this digital age, you need a current account to manage your finances. Given this situation, the law states that everyone is entitled to a basic range of banking services.
Thanks to the combination of a debit card and current account for private use, anyone meeting the relevant criteria can receive money and make payments with KBC's apps.
What is included in the KBC Basic Banking Service?
Who can apply for the basic banking service?
To get the basic banking service at KBC, you have to meet the following criteria:
- You do not have this service or a current account at KBC or any other bank.
- You have less than 6,000 euros on your accounts (time deposit, custody and savings accounts) at KBC or any other bank.
- You do not use the current account for business purposes.
If you do not meet these criteria or want to use more services, compare the facilities offered by the KBC Basic Account and the %%product.plusrekening%.
What's it going to cost you?
|Maintaining the account||1.25 euros a month|
|Over-the-counter cash withdrawals in euro||1.50 euros per transaction (first 36 transactions exempt)|
|Cash withdrawals in euro at other banks' ATMs||0.50 euros per transaction (first 36 transactions exempt)|
|Cash withdrawals in euro abroad (Europe)||0.50 euros per transaction (first 36 transactions exempt)|
|Sending money in euro (paper-based transfers, transfers at the counter) or via KBC Live
||1.50 euros per transaction (first 36 transactions exempt)|
How do you apply for the KBC Basic Banking Service?
You can sign up to the Basic Banking Service at any KBC Bank branch. Drop by your nearest branch or make an appointment beforehand.
If you’ve been refused our KBC Basic Banking Service and wish to dispute this, you can contact:
• Our complaints service (KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven | Tel. 0800 620 84, email@example.com)
• Financial Ombudsman Service (Ombudsfin, North Gate II, Koning Albert II-laan 8 bus 2, 1000 Brussels | Tel. 02 545 77 70, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombfin.be)
• Directorate-General for Economic Inspection (Algemene Directie Economische Inspectie, North Gate III, Koning Albert II-laan 16, 1000 Brussels | Tel. 02 277 54 84, email@example.com)
Choose the current account that suits you best
- KBC Basic Account with standard services
- KBC Plus Account for added convenience
Get a free current account
- Online and mobile banking
- Debit card included
- Open your free account online