If you’ve got a question about Google Pay in KBC Mobile, you’ll probably find the answer here.
Block your KBC Debit Card immediately using KBC Mobile.
- Go to ‘My KBC’
- Scroll to 'Means of payment' and choose the card you want to block
- Scroll to 'Settings' and choose 'Block, replace or cancel'
- Choose ‘Card Stop’ and follow the instructions
You can also ask Kate to block your card
If you aren’t using KBC Mobile yet, call Card Stop on 078 170 170.
As soon as your card is blocked, you will no longer be able to use Google Pay to make payments. We will send you a new KBC Debit Card automatically. Add it to your Google Wallet to pay with Google Pay.
Android Device Manager lets you remotely locate, lock or erase data on your lost or stolen device. More information on how to use this service can be found here.
Nothing at all! If your KBC Debit Card has to be replaced due to a defect or damage – or it has been automatically replaced because it is due to expire – we will make sure you can continue to use Google Pay.
The limits for paying with Google Pay are the same as those for your KBC Debit Card.
You can add only your KBC Debit Card to Google Wallet. You cannot add a KBC Credit Card or KBC Prepaid Card.
The Google Wallet app is installed on most Android devices by default. If yours doesn’t have it, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
- Open Google Wallet
- If you are using Google Wallet for the first time, tap ‘Get started’
If you were already using Google Wallet, tap ‘+ Add to Wallet’
- Choose 'Payment card', then 'New credit or debit card'
- Choose 'New credit or debit card' and follow the steps
- Select ‘Log in to your bank's app’ and follow the instructions to link your card to Google Pay
If you have several payment cards in your Google Wallet, select the payment card for making your contactless payments and tap ‘Set as default for contactless payments’.