Annual tax relief***
Depends on the maximum amount you opt for.
Have potential to build up a supplementary pension
An investment that can contribute to a supplementary pension.
Positive impact on the world
Invest in countries and companies that meet strict sustainability criteria.
There is every chance that your state pension won't be enough to maintain your lifestyle when you retire. By starting to save for your retirement now, you may be able to build up a supplementary pension that'll come in very handy when you finally stop working.
What's more, you qualify for tax relief each year on the amount you save, depending on your choice of formula.
Note: Sustainable pension saving is an investment that does not offer a capital guarantee. That means you run the risk of incurring a loss, but on the other hand your return could also be higher.
When you start sustainable pension saving, KBC Asset Management – in its capacity as manager – invests solely in securities and money market instruments issued by countries and companies that have a positive impact on our society and the environment.
That’s good for your future and for the future of 7.6 billion other people. Moreover, KBC is a true pioneer in socially responsible investment, boasting more than 25 years' experience in this field.
- Strict selection: only countries and companies that meet a number of strict selection criteria relating to the environment, social policy and corporate governance are considered.
- Independent experts: they provide advice and carry out strict checks.
- Clear communication: we keep you informed of the outcome of the research into every company.
- Return in line with the market: various studies reveal that sustainable investments made in the past met the market's expectations in terms of both return and risk.
A pension savings fund invests in shares and bonds and is therefore susceptible to fluctuations on the financial markets. As a result, you could well achieve a higher return in the long term, but you also run a certain risk since the size of your return and repayment of the capital you invest are exposed to market risk and cannot therefore be guaranteed.
Save when you want
You decide when to save... it could be every month or annually. An even better solution is to set up a standing order for saving a fixed amount at regular intervals.
If you want to deposit the maximum amount eligible for tax relief each year, we can arrange that for you.
That way, you won't forget to make a deposit and you'll get the maximum amount of tax relief available to you.
The sooner you start saving, the larger the potential amount built up for your retirement and, of course, the longer you also benefit from tax relief.
Many people start saving for their retirement as soon as they have their first job. And that's something that can really top up your pension too.
Tip: start sustainable pension saving before you turn 55 and keep saving even after your 60th birthday.
After the final tax has been paid, the amounts deposited are no longer taxed, although they continue to qualify for tax relief.
- Pricos SRI is a mutual fund under Belgian law that is managed by KBC Asset Management NV and promoted by KBC.
- SRI stands for Sustainable and Responsible Investing.
- SRI stands for Sustainable and Responsible Investing.
- Companies are screened using a best-in-class methodology to ensure they comply with the socially responsible character of this fund. This ensures the fund invests only in companies or countries that are among the best in class as regards several corporate social responsibility criteria:
- In the case of company shares and corporate bonds, these criteria include the environment (e.g., reducing greenhouse gas emissions), society (e.g., employee working conditions) and corporate governance (e.g., independence and diversity of the Board of Directors).
- The criteria for bonds issued by governments, supranational debtors and/or government-linked agencies include economic performance and stability (e.g., quality of institutions and government), socio-economic performance and health (e.g., education and employment), equality and freedom of all citizens, environmental policy (e.g., climate change) and international relations.
- The fund does not invest in:
- Manufacturers of controversial weapons, companies that seriously violate the principles of the UN Global Compact, government bonds issued by certain controversial countries.
- Financial instruments linked to agricultural crops or livestock, as we do not wish to be involved with food price speculation in any way.
- Companies whose activities involve tobacco, gambling, arms, fur, exotic leather and adult entertainment.
- A specialised research team from KBC Asset Management monitors the situation, together with the SRI Advisory Board, which is made up of independent experts who are not affiliated to KBC Asset Management NV and whose sole responsibility is to supervise the methodology and activities of the specialist researchers of KBC Asset Management. The advisory board ensures that the sustainability methodology is applied at all times.
- The assets of a pension savings fund are allocated within certain legal limits, i.e. up to 75% may be invested in bonds, up to 75% in shares, and no more than 10% may be held in cash. Moreover, no more than 20% of its assets may be denominated in a currency other than the euro.
- Pricos SRI invests in a mix of shares and bonds (the focus is on shares at the moment).
- Risk and reward indicator: 4 on a scale of 1 (lower risk and potentially lower return) to 7 (higher risk and potentially higher return). The legally required risk and return indicator is determined on the basis of the fund's sensitivity to the markets.
- In addition, an investment in Pricos SRI is subject to an average risk of inflation: the bond component does not provide any protection against an increase in inflation.
- Product rating: 4 on a scale of 1 (more defensive) to 7 (more dynamic).
- This product rating was developed by KBC and takes account of such factors as market volatility, proposed repayment of capital, credit ratings, asset allocation, exposure to foreign currencies, and liquidity.
- Under normal market conditions, a lower risk (lower product rating) will result in a potentially lower return, whereas a higher risk (higher product rating) will result in a potentially higher return. More information and background on the various factors used to determine the product rating can be found at www.kbc.be/productrating.
- Pricos SRI does not offer capital protection and has no maturity date.
Tax treatment and charges
- If you start saving for your pension before your 55th birthday, you will have to pay a one-off final tax at a favourable rate of 8% on your 60th birthday. The tax is calculated on all your deposits and capitalised at a notional rate of 4.75%. You then have the option of withdrawing your pension savings or continuing to save until the year in which you turn 64.
If you start saving for your pension on or after your 55th birthday, then you pay a one-off final tax at the favourable rate of 8% after 10 years of the contract. if you decide to withdraw your money early, you will have to pay a higher rate of 33% (see 'D. Tax treatment' in the prospectus for more information).
- Entry charges: 2% on new investments.
- Ongoing charges: 1.37%, of which 1% in the form of a management fee. Customers who want to switch their existing pension savings scheme to Pricos SRI can do so free of charge and with little red tape involved. What’s more, they keep the return they have accrued and their tax benefit.
- There is no exit charge or stock market tax and you can switch to Pricos SRI free of charge from your current pension savings fund. The amount to discourage sale within one month of purchase is 5% (maximum).
- The prospectus, the Key Investor Information Document and the most recent interim report are available free of charge in Dutch and English at any KBC branch or from the KBC website. Please read these documents carefully before deciding to invest in Pricos SRI.
- This information is governed by the laws of Belgium and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts. You can submit any complaints you may have by e-mail to email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084, by telephone on 0800 62 084 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The financial services are provided by KBC Bank NV and CBC Banque SA. All net asset values can be found at www.beama.be and/or in the Belgian newspapers, De Tijd and L’Echo.
- You can read all other practical information at www.kbc.be/fundfinder.
- For a comprehensive list of financial and economic terms, go to www.kbc.be/lexicon (available in Dutch or French).
Start sustainable pension saving
Saving for your retirement using KBC Mobile is through an SRI fund as standard.
If you're already saving for your retirement but would like to switch from your current pension savings fund to a sustainable one, you can do so completely free of charge!
Note: as an investor, you can only open one pension savings account per taxable period. However, you can hold multiple contracts at the same time. If you have already entered into a contract in a previous year, you can start another one. You’re entitled to tax relief on just one of the two (or more) contracts.
Already with KBC?
With KBC Mobile, you will receive advice that is fully tailored to you and your budget. You can use the app to tell us that you'd like to start sustainable pension saving. If you're satisfied with our proposal, you can get going in just a few taps.
Scan the QR code below and start getting advice.
Already with KBC?
With KBC Mobile, you will receive advice that is fully tailored to you and your budget. You can use the app to tell us that you'd like to start sustainable pension saving.
If you're satisfied with our proposal, you can start sustainable pension saving in just a few taps.
* The term ‘pension saving’ on this page means an investment in a pension savings fund.
** That’s good for your future and for the future of 7.6 billion other people.
*** In 2020, you can choose between two maximum amounts that are eligible for tax relief under a pension savings scheme, i.e. either 990 euros or 1,270 euros. You have to confirm your choice each year if you opt for the higher amount. If you're already saving for your pension, your maximum amount for tax purposes remains at 990 euros, as standard, and you get 30% tax relief. If you want to save more than that, you can opt specifically for 1,270 euros and get 25% tax relief on the entire amount deposited. The tax treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.