What can you do with Garmin Pay?
Fancy something to drink after your morning run or a quick bite on the go? Pay for it quickly and conveniently with Garmin Pay. No wallet or smartphone needed.
Just add your KBC Debit Card to the Garmin Connect app to start paying easily with your smartwatch.
The Garmin Connect app and Garmin Pay feature are free of charge and available on Android and iOS.
Learn more about Garmin Pay
Garmin Pay uses near-field communication (NFC) technology, which enables your watch and a payment terminal to communicate when close to each other.
If Garmin Pay is linked to:
- Your Mastercard-branded KBC Debit Card (with red and yellow overlapping circles on it), you can pay at any payment terminal that supports Mastercard
- Your Maestro-branded KBC Debit Card (with red and blue overlapping circles on it), you can pay at any payment terminal that supports Maestro
How to pay using Garmin Pay:
- Enter your PIN into your Garmin smartwatch
- Hold your wrist 2 to 3 cm from the payment terminal
Garmin Pay payments do not have a separate limit. Each time you pay with Garmin Pay, the amount concerned is deducted from your card's daily and weekly limits.
The limits for paying with Garmin Pay are the same as for your KBC Debit Card.
Paying by Garmin Pay is as safe and secure as contactless payments using your KBC Debit Card. Garmin Pay uses watch-specific card numbers and transaction codes with every purchase you make. Your card number isn’t stored on your device or on Garmin’s servers, nor is it given to merchants when paying for something, so you always pay safely.
Watch this video to see how to link your KBC Debit Card to your smartwatch using the Garmin Connect app. Before activating Garmin Pay for you, KBC and Garmin verify a few things like the type of card you have, its number and when it expires. If everything checks out, the app tells you that your digital card is ready for use. You will also receive a notification in KBC Touch and KBC Mobile.
Not with us yet?
Open a free current account.
- Activate your current account using KBC Touch or KBC Mobile
- Add your KBC Debit Card to Garmin Pay
- Get your KBC Debit Card by post in no time
Garmin Pay can only be used with your KBC Debit Card, not with your KBC Credit Card or KBC Prepaid Card.
Garmin Pay works wherever you see the contactless logo.
If Garmin Pay is linked to:
- Your Mastercard-branded KBC Debit Card, you can pay at any payment terminal that supports Mastercard
- Your Maestro-branded KBC Debit Card, you can pay at any payment terminal that supports Maestro
Your Garmin Pay payments are shown in your account’s transaction view in KBC Touch and KBC Mobile, and on your account statements.
Remove your linked KBC Debit Card in the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone.
It means you’ll no longer be able to pay with the Garmin watch, but you’ll still be able to pay with your KBC Debit Card.
Absolutely nothing! If your KBC Debit Card has to be replaced due to a defect or damage – or it has been automatically replaced because it is due to expire – we will make sure you can continue to use Garmin Pay.
Garmin Pay is a registered trademark of Garmin Ltd.
Garmin in Google Play
Scan this QR code to download the Garmin app to your Android phone.
Garmin in the App Store
Scan this QR code to download the Garmin app to your iPhone.