KBC Start2Save4 Account
- Save a fixed sum of money each month for a child, grandchild or godchild
- Specify the date on which the money is released
- Withdraw your savings at any time
What is a KBC Start2Save4 Account?
Offered by KBC Bank NV Belgium and governed by the laws of Belgium, KBC Start2Save4 is a regulated savings account with a third-party beneficiary clause. It may be held in the name of one individual.
You can only put money into a KBC Start2Save4 Account by means of a monthly savings standing order (up to 500 euros a month). Only one KBC Start2Save4 Account may be opened for each beneficiary.
Keep control of your savings
Up to the day before the savings are released, you are free to decide, at no cost whether to:
- withdraw the savings
- revoke the beneficiary designation
- change the release date
- change options for releasing the funds
There are two options, where you either:
- specify the date on which the money is released or
- only allow the funds to be released when the child, grandchild or godchild buys their own home or turns 30
KBC Start2Save4 earnings
|Base rate of interest
These interest rates are gross rates (expressed on an annual basis) and may change at any time. Current rates are always given here or can be obtained from your KBC branch. If the rates change, we will inform you by post or through one of our digital channels.
Your savings start earning interest at the base rate on the date the automatic savings order is executed or on the calendar day after the transaction date for standing orders coming from KBC or another financial institution. Your savings cease to earn interest as from the calendar day on which you withdraw them.
The fidelity bonus is awarded for amounts that remain on the savings account for 12 consecutive full months. If you withdraw savings, the accruing fidelity bonuses whose acquisition date is furthest in the future will be the first to be used. For the first three transfers of funds per year to another regulated savings account at KBC, however, the fidelity bonus will be transferred proportionally if the following conditions are met:
- Both savings accounts have at least one common account holder
- The amount transferred is at least 500 euros
- The funds are not transferred by standing order or automatic savings order
This means that the current 12-month calculation period is not ended, but continues instead on the savings account receiving the funds. In this case, too, the fidelity bonus is only awarded for amounts that remain on the savings account for 12 consecutive months.
Features of this savings account
- Tax-efficient: individuals are exempt from withholding tax (currently 15%) on the first 1,020 euros of interest earned each year (2024 figure).
- Free of charge: we won't charge you for opening and managing your savings account. Receiving printed account statements by post costs you 2.50 euros a month if they are sent monthly or 25 euros a month if sent daily.
- Funds available at all times: the KBC Start2Save4 Account is an open-ended product and funds can be withdrawn from it at any time and without charge.
- Automatic savings order: you can only put money into a KBC Start2Save4 Account by means of a monthly standing order to transfer funds (up to 500 euros) from a current account at KBC or another financial institution. Only one such order is allowed per KBC Start2Save4 Account.
- Insolvency risk: a maximum of 100,000 euros of your aggregate deposits with KBC are guaranteed per person, subject to certain conditions. In the event of KBC’s insolvency (e.g., if it goes into bankruptcy), you run the risk of losing any deposits you have over 100,000 euros, or their amount could be reduced or converted into shares. You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure from your KBC branch or from www.kbc.be/depositprotection.
- Inflation risk: this savings account also has an inflation risk, as sustained price increases can result in the amount deposited losing value.