Why take out accident cover for grandchildren?
If your grandchildren visit you regularly, this insurance protects you against the financial consequences of an accident involving your grandchildren in your home.
What's more, your grandchildren are also insured elsewhere as long as they are under your supervision and the parents are not present themselves.
Be sure to read what is and isn't covered.
What is covered?
- Accidents at your home
If you're minding your grandchildren and the parents themselves are absent
- Accidents while you're out and about with them
- Road traffic accidents
- Accidents while you are travelling with your grandchildren
Accident cover for grandchildren is valid worldwide. Your grandchild may not have reached the age of 14 at the time of the accident.
- During participation in – including when training for – competitive full-contact martial arts such as boxing and kick-boxing, motorised sports, kite-flying, skiing, water skiing, snowboarding, skeleton and bobsleighing
- During mountain climbing, deep-sea diving and other forms of underwater diving, speleology, hang-gliding, parachute jumping and other forms of high-altitude jumping using a parachute
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
What do we compensate?
- Medical expenses and related costs
- Suitable transport for the treatment of your grandchild in a Belgian hospital or rehabilitation centre
- Costs of a stay of up to 30 days for a family member who stays overnight in hospital with your grandchild during their hospitalisation
- Costs of installing a lift, widening of doors, etc. in the case of permanent physical disability
- Funeral expenses
Your deductible with respect to the medical expenses and any related costs is 50 euros.