Why take out road traffic accident cover?
This insurance protects you and your family against the financial consequences of a road traffic accident.
Be sure to read what is and isn't covered.
What is covered?
- Road traffic accident as driver of a car
- Accident on public roads as pedestrian, cyclist or user of another vehicle (e.g., scooter)
- Accident as passenger of a motor vehicle or of a vehicle used for public or paid transport of passengers
- Optional: accidents with a motorcycle of 50 cc or more
Road traffic accident cover is valid worldwide.
- Accidents not related to road traffic
- Accidents subject to the Belgian Workers’ Compensation Act or corresponding foreign legislation
- Accidents while participating in or practising for motorised speed races, time-trials or contests of skill
- Accidents caused by you intentionally or through gross negligence (where you're aged 16 or over and have been using alcohol or drugs or similar)
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
What do we compensate?
- Medical expenses and related costs
For example Suitable transport for the treatment of your grandchild in a Belgian hospital or rehabilitation centre
- Costs of installing a lift, widening of doors, etc. in the case of permanent physical disability
- Financial support for your next of kin in the event of death
- Funeral expenses
Good to know
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and tacitly renews unless you terminate it no later than three months before the main renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If agreement cannot be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax: + 32 16 86 30 38. If you are unable to reach a suitable resolution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service, who acts for the entire sector: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman-insurance.be.
This does not affect your legal rights.
To request a premium calculation for road traffic accident cover, contact your Insurance Expert for more help.
The KBC Accident Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 403,552,563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group