Why take out road traffic accident cover?
This insurance protects you and your family against the financial consequences of a road traffic accident.
Be sure to read what is and isn't covered.
What is covered?
- Road traffic accident as driver of a car
- Accident on public roads as pedestrian, cyclist or user of another vehicle (e.g., scooter)
- Accident as passenger of a motor vehicle or of a vehicle used for public or paid transport of passengers
- Optional: accidents with a motorcycle of 50 cc or more
Road traffic accident cover is valid worldwide.
- Accidents not related to road traffic
- Accidents subject to the Belgian Workers’ Compensation Act or corresponding foreign legislation
- Accidents while participating in or practising for motorised speed races, time-trials or contests of skill
- Accidents caused by you intentionally or through gross negligence (where you're aged 16 or over and have been using alcohol or drugs or similar)
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
What do we compensate?
- Medical expenses and related costs
For example Suitable transport for the treatment of your grandchild in a Belgian hospital or rehabilitation centre
- Costs of installing a lift, widening of doors, etc. in the case of permanent physical disability
- Financial support for your next of kin in the event of death
- Funeral expenses