Semi-comprehensive car insurance
- The same rate online as at your branch or agent
- Get the full price of your car reimbursed up to 30 months after purchasing it if declared a total loss or stolen
- Go for the ‘10% extra’ option and we'll increase the compensation by 10% in the event of total loss or theft
Why take out semi-comprehensive insurance with KBC?
If you want more peace of mind even when your car is slightly older, we highly recommend our semi-comprehensive insurance.
What is covered?
- Damage caused by martens gnawing on your car’s cables and conduits
- Glass breakage of car windows or breakage of the sunroof
- Break-ins, theft and vandalism during theft
- Hail damage or damage caused by another force of nature (storm, lightning, flood, etc.)
- Damage caused by fire, explosion or fire-extinguishing activities (including damage caused by melting due to a short circuit)
- Damage caused by collisions with wild or stray animals
- Falling aircraft or falling aircraft parts
- Any additional vehicle features which you can no longer use after your car has been declared a total loss (e.g., a set of winter tyres or a roof box)
What is not covered?
- Damage to your own car following an accident (for which you can take out our Fully Comprehensive Insurance)
- Your physical injuries as the driver, which you sustained in an accident (for which you can take out our Driver Accident Insurance)
- Theft you have facilitated by leaving your car unattended and unlocked on a public road
- Damage to parts caused as a result of wear and tear or by a lack of maintenance
- Damage you cause intentionally
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Learn more about Partial Comprehensive Insurance under KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars
Our handy calculator below lets you work out the price of your car insurance. You can take out cover online straightaway, so that you don't even have to go to your branch. After all, you get the same rate online as you would at your branch or insurance agent.
Any damage? With us, you’re not on your own when it comes to claiming. There’s always a %%bank%% Insurance agent nearby who will be happy to help you with your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online.
Broken or cracked car windows or sunroofs are quite common
- A chipped or cracked windscreen caused by a pebble or debris bouncing up off the road
- A smashed side window due to attempted theft
The repair costs for car windows with sensors or heating can quickly add up.
No deductible applies when you choose a glass repair company approved by us. We will settle the bill directly with the repairer.
New cars or used cars of up to three years old
Up to 30 months after the purchase date if your car is declared a total loss or if it is stolen and not found within 15 days of being reported missing.
Used cars more than three years old
Up to 12 months after the purchase date.
We will increase the compensation by 10% if your car is stolen or declared a total loss – because you may not receive the same discount or vehicle prices may have gone up. Other items may have been lost or damaged as well as your vehicle, such as your luggage.
There’s no need to submit any receipts or other documents to show us what you do with the extra compensation; it is entirely up to you how you want to use the extra 10%.
Did you know that…
- …more than four in five of our clients opts for the ‘10% extra’ formula?
- That way, you still receive up to 77% of the original purchase price after five years.
Did a pine marten crawl into your car and gnaw its way through your car’s cables? Damaged caused by martens to and inside your car is a growing problem, even in town.
You can cover your car against damage caused by martens with KBC’s partial comprehensive insurance. This insurance automatically covers damage caused by martens gnawing at pipes, cables or insulation in the engine bay.
KBC is the only insurer in the Belgian market to compensate damage caused by pine martens under a semi-comprehensive insurance.
You will receive the compensation as soon as the assessor has calculated the damage to your car. You are free to choose where you have your vehicle repaired. KBC Insurance uses a network of repairers. If you select one of these repairers, KBC will handle the claim directly if possible. You will also receive a replacement car while the repairs are being carried out.
You won’t be required to purchase the same make or model in the event of total loss or theft. You can even choose not to purchase a new car at all.
If your son or daughter has a provisional driving licence and also drives your car, make sure to include them in your car insurance policy. With KBC Start2Drive, they build up their own claim-free years, which means they'll end up paying less later when they take out their own car insurance with us. Learn more about KBC Start2Drive
Don’t hesitate to contact our Insurance Expert via KBC Live, using the chat or the phone feature, or schedule an appointment with your KBC branch.
Good to know
Partial or Semi-Comprehensive Insurance under the KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars is a partial or semi-comprehensive insurance policy.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Insurance cover under this policy is valid for a term of one year and will be tacitly renewed, unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94 or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
Contact your Insurance Expert or visit our website to request a quotation for KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars for passenger cars.
KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group