Thinking of buying a bike? Great decision! Whether you go for an e-bike, racing bike, used bike or another type of iron steed, cycling is healthy and fun.
A new bike doesn’t have to be expensive and there are also second-hand bargains to be had. If a higher-end model is more your thing and you’d rather invest without touching your savings, a bicycle loan may be useful. That lets you spread the cost of your new trusty two-wheeler over time.
Remember to insure your bike or speed pedelec against damage or theft, allowing you to enjoy the ride with the peace of mind that – if the worst does happen – you’re we’ll covered against any unpleasant surprises.
- Any unexpected damage to, destruction or theft of your bicycle, worldwide and 24/7.
- Up to 12 months after the purchase date, we will fully compensate the sum insured for your bicycle.
- Accessories (such as bicycle bags, child seats or bicycle trailers) with a value of not more than 300 euros are included under the cover free of charge. Extensions are possible.
- Damage to your bicycle helmet is covered up to a maximum of 125 euros.
- Bicycle assistance (VAB breakdown service) – Accident, technical defect, puncture, faulty battery, vandalism, theft or attempted theft of your bicycle? If so, the VAB will come to your aid anywhere in the Benelux if your bicycle is on a road that can be accessed by a VAB assistance vehicle. If necessary, we will take you, your bicycle, your children and your bicycle trailer either to the location best suited for the repair or to your destination.
- Under the all-risk insurance
- Damage caused by wear and tear or lack of maintenance
- Damage that does not affect use, such as scratches
- Damage covered by a warranty or caused by a manufacturing defect
- Damage to the battery, charger or non-permanent accessories without the bIcycle being damaged
- Damage caused whilst taking part in competitions
- Under bicycle assistance insurance
We will not provide assistance if you are unable to continue using the bicycle due to:
- A defect that recurs regularly as the result of poor maintenance
- Damage you cause intentionally, for instance when acting on a bet or in response to a challenge
- Damage caused by using non-original spare parts
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Good to know
KBC Bicycle Insurance is a material damage and assistance insurance policy for your bicycle. It includes all-risk cover for your bicycle, as well as bicycle roadside assistance provided in collaboration with VAB. This product is governed by the laws of Belgium. The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and tacitly renews, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date. Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights. To request a quote for KBC Bicycle Insurance, visit www.kbc.be, go to KBC Touch or KBC Mobile, or contact your Insurance Expert. KBC Bicycle Insurance is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium. VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). Member of the KBC group.