Legal Assistance Insurance
If you just want the insurance you have to have by law or are after more security, then go for our Legal Assistance Insurance option.
Partial Comprehensive Insurance
Looking to take out additional insurance to protect your moped against fire damage and theft? If so, then take out our Partial Comprehensive Insurance cover.
File insurance claims using our apps
Use our KBC Mobile and KBC Touch apps to file claims with us fast wherever you are, then we'll do the rest for you in no time.
If you ride on a public highway with a class A or class B moped, by law, you have to have third-party insurance.
This compulsory insurance policy for your moped covers the harm you cause to others if you cause an accident, such as personal injury and damage to other vehicles or buildings.
If you also want compensation if your moped's damaged or you
yourself are injured, you have to take out additional insurance.
What's covered under third-party insurance?
- Harm you cause to others with your moped. Includes property damage (bodywork, buildings) and bodily damage (death or injury).
- If a vulnerable road user is injured in an accident involving your moped, their injuries are compensated even if you were not in fault.
- Damage to your own moped.
- Bodily injury that you as the rider sustain in a road traffic accident.
- Harm caused by taking part in competitions.
- Damage you cause intentionally.
For even greater security, it's a smart move to add certain types of optional cover to this third-party policy. Note that you're not under any legal requirement to do so, but it may end up saving you a lot of money. Read all about it below.
If you have an accident or breakdown or if your moped's stolen, report the incident using our KBC Mobile orKBC Touch so that we can help you continue your journey even more quickly.
Option 1: legal assistance insurance
This additional legal assistance cover comes in useful in a good many situations:
- you get into a disagreement with the authorities about registering your moped
- your defence costs if you're prosecuted for a road traffic offence such as speeding or running a red light
- claims against the manufacturer of your moped
In these cases, legal support and assistance are no luxury. We
always try for an out-of-court settlement. If that doesn't
work, KBC will recommend a lawyer to represent you in court. You
can also instruct counsel of your own choice. We pay the costs of the
court proceedings up to a maximum of 100 000 euros.
What's covered under Legal Assistance insurance?
- If someone other than you caused you harm, we'll help you claim damages.
- Legal assistance for contract disputes, such as when buying your moped or getting it repaired.
- Legal help in
disputes with government agencies in connection with matters such as
registering your vehicle, suspension of your driving licence and
- Criminal defence if you are
prosecuted for road traffic offences such as speeding or riding your
moped under the influence.
- Fines and out-of-court settlements
arising from the carriage of persons and goods for
- Disputes arising from taking part in
competitions or wilful conduct constituting an offence.
- Disputes further to renting a moped or renting yours out.
Option 2: Partial Comprehensive Insurance
If you want even better protection for your moped, you can count on KBC. Our Partial Comprehensive Insurance also covers your vehicle against fire damage. Plus, you have added cover against theft and attempted theft. That's very useful, especially if you park your moped in the street at night.
What's covered under Partial Comprehensive Insurance?
- Damage caused by fire, explosion or fire-extinguishing
- Melting damage as a result of a short
- Theft and attempted theft.
- Damage to your moped as a result of an accident or vandalism
whilst it was stolen.
- We pay the costs of towing and
repatriation of moped and rider(s) up to a maximum of 750
- Damage to your own moped caused by a road traffic accident.
- Theft if your moped is stolen while it was unlocked
in a public place.
- Harm caused by wear and tear or
lack of maintenance.
- Damage you cause
- Injury you sustain as rider.
Good to know
- KBC Vehicle Insurance (Mopeds) may include one or more of the following insurance policies:
|Compulsory Third-Party Liability Insurance||This is a third-party liability insurance policy.|
|Legal Assistance Insurance||This is a legal assistance insurance policy.|
|Partial Comprehensive Insurance||This is a partial comprehensive insurance policy.
- This product is subject to Belgian law.
- Insurance cover under this policy is for a term of one year and tacitly renews unless terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of
contact for complaints. If no agreement can be reached, please
contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000
tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges
apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable
solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman
service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000
This does not affect your legal rights.
KBC Vehicle Insurance (Mopeds) is a product from KBC Insurance
NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven –
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
The company is licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC group
How to go about selling your car
Drive on a provisional licence amply insured
Premier car insurance for young people
- Car insurance made for young drivers
safely and pay a lower premium
- Pay less to insure
your next car too