When your lease ends, you'll naturally want to get your security deposit back as quickly as possible. The good news is that you no longer have to arrange this at a KBC branch. Instead you can do it easily in KBC Mobile or KBC Touch.
Releasing your security deposit
What are the conditions?
At the start of your lease, you have to transfer the amount of the
security deposit to a blocked account. When the lease ends, that
amount deposited will be returned under one of the following
- There's a written agreement between all the tenants and the landlord (or joint landlords) to release the security deposit
- Or there's a court order (small claims court – vrederechter/juge du paix) instructing the landlord to release the security deposit
Getting your security deposit back
The most convenient way to request the return of your security deposit is to use our app.
Just scan or take a photo of
- The completed release document duly signed by each of the tenants and the landlord (or joint landlords)
- The full lease signed by each of the tenants and the landlord (or joint landlords)
- Both sides of the ID card belonging to the landlord and any other tenant(s)
If you can't find your copy of the release document, you can download a blank copy in our app.
Follow this procedure
- Start KBC Touch
- Go to Payments
- Go to Savings accounts and select the security deposit savings account
- Open the Manage tab
- Select 'Release security deposit'
- Start KBC Mobile
- Go to My KBC
- Go to Savings accounts and select the security deposit account
- Click on '...' at the top right
- Choose 'Settings’
- Choose 'Release security deposit'
- Start releasing a security deposit
What happens after you've uploaded the necessary documents:
- Processing takes one banking day (you’ll receive confirmation in your ‘Messages’ inbox)
- We check the documents
- If everything is in order, we return the amount of the security deposit (plus interest), ensuring it is divided up as set out in the release document
- We close the security deposit savings account