How to go about switching banks
The free bank switching service makes it easy to change banks. No fewer than 70.000 people used this service in 2018. All you have to do is open a current account at your new bank and fill in a request form to switch banks.
- Open an account at your new bank
- Fill in a request form for the bank switching service
- Send the request to your new bank
At KBC, you can easily sort this out online.
Why choose the bank switching service?
- Move your standing orders from your other bank
- Close your previous current accounts
- Or get both changed
When you submit your request to switch to KBC, we make sure that everything is done quickly.
How long does it take to switch banks?
Everything is finalised within 10 banking days.
How much does it cost to switch banks?
The bank switching service is completely free of charge.
Go through everything in your own time
Prefer to arrange everything yourself?
That’s perfectly possible, too. This document will help you on your way:
Using your prepaid card
What is a statutory debt clearance period?
KBC Budget Facility
- Handy at the end of the month
- No need to worry about your balance
- No charges if your account remains in credit