Home insurance for your property

  • Work out the cost of home insurance in 3 steps
  • Take out your home insurance immediately online
  • File insurance claims using our app or by contacting your insurance agent
Work out your home insurance now

Rental tip: get two months’ free home insurance now

If you’re a tenant and take out home insurance online before 31 October, enter the discount code RENT2024 at the start of your application and get two months’ cover for free during the first year.

Learn more about home insurance for your particular situation

Home insurance for owners

Are you an owner and want to insure your home, its contents or both against damage caused by fire, water or natural disasters?

Learn more

Home insurance for tenants

Are you a tenant looking for home insurance to cover your contents, liability or both?

Learn more

Home insurance for landlords

Looking to rent out a house or flat? Be like 95% of landlords and take out home insurance for your property.

Learn more

What’s insured and what’s not?

Home insurance is a necessary form of property insurance that covers much more than just fire damage caused to your home or its contents (i.e. your house, flat, garage and even rented student accommodation).

What is everyone insured for?

  • Damage caused by fire or explosion
  • Water damage
  • Storm, hail or lightning damage
  • Natural disasters (floods or earthquakes)
  • Damage caused by a collision

Specifically for tenants

  • Your liability as a tenant (compulsory insurance in Flanders and Wallonia)
  • Damage to fixtures or improvements you made to the home as a tenant, at your own expense

Specifically for landlords

Third-party liability for loss or damage to your tenant, if caused via:

  • The building, the grounds, any adjacent footpaths, the garage (also if it is located elsewhere or you are renting it) or their contents
  • Odd jobs done at the property you rent out


  • If you go on holiday and your home is insured, we’ll cover your liability for any damage caused to the rented holiday home
  • We also insure your luggage in the holiday home you rent or in your hotel room, if your home contents are covered
  • Your pets are also insured worldwide wherever you travel

Add-on cover

You can extend your cover by adding the following types of insurance:

  • Theft insurance
  • Garden insurance
  • Swimming pool insurance
  • Insurance against contamination caused by leaks from your heating oil tank (i.e. soil decontamination insurance)
  • Builder's insurance

What is not insured?

  • Loss or deliberate damage
  • Damage caused by instability
  • Rising groundwater
  • Damage to parts of the property where work is being carried out
  • Theft of or from a vehicle that is parked at another location

Specifically for tenants

  • Typical rental damage caused, for instance, by wall plugs or limescale on sanitary fittings
  • Damage caused by pets

Good to know

At KBC, we offer comprehensive cover (= all-risk insurance) at a competitive price as standard, ensuring you have very extensive protection for your home at all times.

The scope of the cover is subject to the condition that the damage exceeds 1 250 euros. If your claim is less, you'll be covered only for the insured claim events listed, such as fire, storm, water, vandalism or theft. However, there are a number of exceptions, details of which are provided in the General Conditions.


The above list is incomplete. A complete overview of what is and isn’t insured can be found in our conditions at the bottom of this page.

Choose the home insurance that’s right for you

Find out how much your home insurance will cost you in just a few clicks. The good thing here is that the price you're given is always all-in, without any hidden costs. Regardless of whether you’re an owner, tenant or landlord, you can take out your customised insurance right away.

Work out your insurance now

Filing your claim

You're not on your own when it comes to claiming. You can easily submit your claim online 24/7 with the help of Kate in KBC Mobile. After submitting it, your KBC Insurance agent will contact you to progress matters (even if you took your policy out online)

Good to know:
if the building suffers damage, you also have the option of leaving it to KBC to find a contractor or repairer to carry out the works, instead of you having to find them.

Get personal assistance in the event of damage or accidents

  • Personal no-obligation advice
  • Knowledgeable assistance
  • Always nearby
File your claim

Still feel you need personal contact or advice?

Our experts are always there for you.

Find an expert near you

Have any other questions?

It isn’t for homeowners. For tenants, however, it depends on the region where the rented property is located. In Flanders, tenants have been under a legal duty to take out home insurance since 1 January 2019. Wallonia made tenant’s insurance compulsory on 1 September 2018. In Brussels, this is not yet a requirement.

Regardless of where you live, you should never be without it, because it's not just there for you in case of fire.

It's a vital overall safeguard for the building you live in, and for the home you make in it.

Our handy simulator lets you work out the price of your home insurance in just a few steps. The good thing here is that the price you're given is always all-in, without any hidden costs.

You can take out the insurance directly online without having to go to your branch, even if you’re not with us. Your insurance will then take effect the very next day. If you don't need cover straightaway, simply pick a different starting date.

Want to pay your premium yearly or prefer to pay it monthly at no extra charge? That's up to you, too.

If your home incurs damage we insure, there's no need to look for your tools or call on an odd-jobber.

The KBC service that arranges the repairs is included in your home insurance. We'll look for the right repairer in your neighbourhood, arrange the works to suit you and pay the bill.

So, you don't have to lift a finger – just leave the repairs to an expert and enjoy peace of mind. If you know a repairer or want to fix the damage yourself, you can opt for compensation instead.

If you own or rent a second home, you can take out home insurance that’s tailored to that particular property.

> Check out home insurance for second-home owners
> Check out home insurance for second-home tenants

Customised insurance


Learn more


Learn more


Learn more

Good to know

KBC Home Insurance is a property insurance policy.

  • This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
  • Insurance cover under this policy is valid for a term of one year and tacitly renews, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
  • Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, or if you have taken out this insurance online, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, complaints@kbc.be, tel. + 32 16 43 25 94. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, info@ombudsman-insurance.be, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.

Visit our website or contact one of our insurance experts to request a quote for KBC Home Insurance.

KBC Home Insurance is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium.
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB

Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). Member of the KBC group.