KBC will take care of the entire clean-up process for you. Both the risk as well as the practical organisation are insured.
You don't have to pay a deductible. KBC will compensate the remediation costs up to 60,000 euros.
Your garden is also protected
Damage to your garden as a result of soil contamination is also insured, as well as any damage to your neighbour's garden.
If you heat your home or apartment with heating oil, you are responsible for regularly inspecting your tank and the remediation of any polluted soil. This is the case for owners, tenants and landlords. Did you know that the user of the land is the one who is obligated to remediate? So even if you are a tenant, you are at risk.
Over 3% of heating oil tanks will leak at some point in the lifetime, often due to rust. However, contamination can also occur when filling up your tank. In both cases, you are the one who must cover the costs of soil remediation, i.e. cleaning up the contaminated soil. The costs can total thousands of euros.
KBC's Soil Contamination Insurance offers you good protection. This insurance covers all remediation costs up to 60,000 euros. KBC will also take care of the organisation of the compulsory remediation for you, in accordance with the prescribed procedure.
Do you already have fire insurance from KBC? Then you can add Soil Contamination Insurance to your existing home insurance policy.
What is insured?
Both the risk as well as the practical organisation of the obligatory soil remediation are insured.
We will take care of the entire clean-up process for you.
Do you heat your home with heating oil? Protect yourself with soil contamination insurance.
We will send an assessor to:
- determine the nature and seriousness of the pollution;
- take measures to limit the consequences;
- advise you on the legally prescribed procedures if the soil is contaminated;
- help you take care of the formalities.
We will organise the clean-up if you are legally obligated to remediate
- Soil surveys
- If the pollution has spread to your neighbour’s land, we will continue the clean-up process on their land.
We also compensate damage resulting from the remediation process, such as damage to yours or your neighbour's garden.
What doesn't it cover?
- Contamination which already existed when the cover commenced
- The possible reduction in value of the remediated soil
- Additional costs caused by the presence of other polluting substances
- A tank that does not meet the legal requirements
- Governmental intervention
- Pollution resulting from natural disasters
Things you also need to know
- The Soil Contamination Insurance is a property insurance policy that can be added to the KBC Home Insurance.
- You don't have to pay a deductible.
- KBC will pay out a maximum of 60,000 euros per damage claim
- Only heating oil tanks that are less than 40 years old can be insured
- Only heating oil tanks with a storage capacity of up to 20,000 litres can be insured
Borrowing smart for your renovation work
Wondering which loan to take out to fund your renovations? We give you a choice of five options along with their benefits and drawbacks.