Get a great rate
Take out your loan today at a very competitive 1,29%*!
Invest in energy savings and security
Put at least 50% of your renovation budget into making your home more energy-efficient or secure and get a 100% Green Energy & Security Loan.
Pay no additional charges
Our Green Energy & Security Loan doesn’t just help protect your home against fire and burglars. It’s also good for the environment – and your wallet.
Why go for a KBC Green Energy & Security Loan?
Ready to look to the future and live in an energy-efficient, well-secured home? Just send us proof of your investment1 and we’ll set things in motion for your KBC Green Energy & Security Loan application. At least half of your investment must be for eco-friendly home improvements or enhancements that boost your home’s security or fire safety.
When can I take out a KBC Green Energy & Security Loan?
This loan is for you if at least half of your home improvements are for energy-efficiency or security-enhancing purposes:
Energy-saving enhancements that are eligible include:
• New central heating or solar boiler
• Water pumps and other geothermal energy systems
• Thermostatic taps
Insulation and glazing
• Double and high-efficiency glazing
• Roof, wall or floor insulation
• Green roof or facade
• Asbestos removal
Aeration and ventilation
• Ventilation systems
• Airtightness testing and improvements
• Low-energy hot water systems
• Water saving and filter systems, like rainwater harvesting
• Wastewater purifiers
• Rainwater filtration systems for drinking water
Electricity and lighting
• Low-energy lighting
• Solar panels
• Home batteries
• Wind turbines
• Charging stations
• Home automation systems
• Energy audits (including energy performance certification)
Fire safety improvements that are eligible include:
• Fire-resistant doors
• Emergency ladders
• Smoke detectors
• Automatic fire extinguishers
Home security improvements eligible for financing include:
• Access control systems (windows, doors and skylights)
• Alarm systems
• Security cameras
If your energy-efficiency improvements represent less than 50% of your expenses, our renovation loan may be the one for you.
Even more benefits
- You can make even more long-term savings with energy-efficiency investments
- Investing in the security of your home protects you and your loved ones.
- And that’s not all. Your home will also be worth more if you sell or let it later.
- You can apply instantly online
Work out and apply for your loan online
Our KBC Touch and KBC Mobile let you easily work out and apply for your loan. They give you a personal rate right away, just like we do at your branch. We make it easy! Don’t take our word for it though. Ask the more than 80% of our loan applicants who’ve requested their loan online. Have questions or need advice? Our KBC Live is there for you.
Our Touch and Mobile apps also show you full details of your loan. See quickly:
- How much you have left to pay off
- When your next repayment is due
- How long your loan still has to run and what you pay each month
You don’t need to have a current account with us to apply for a KBC Green Energy & Security Loan. Simply work out your KBC Green Energy & Security Loan with us on our website.
Rate and term
The rate of interest is 1,29% (1.79% as from 85 months).
The minimum term for a KBC Green Energy & Security Loan is six months. The maximum term:
- Follows the statutory repayment terms
- May not exceed 120 months
- May not be longer than the economic life of what you're paying for
Credit terms and conditions
You must be aged 18 or over to apply for a loan. As applicant, you decide on the amount of their loan (within limits), which can be for as little as 500 euros or up to the full amount of the investment.
Right of withdrawal
If you take out a loan that is to be repaid in instalments, you have 14 calendar days to withdraw from the contract, starting from the date you and we sign the contract.