To help you work out your monthly expenditure, we divide expenses
into two large blocks:
1. First you have fixed expenses, such as:
- your current repayments on or rent for your home.
- other current repayments such as for a car or personal
- credit cards and budget facilities. Include around 7%
of your total credit card spending limits in your expenses.
2. Then you have your household spending needs:
The amount needed to live each month obviously differs greatly from
one family to the next. A study* has shown that a single person in
Belgium needs around 970 euros per month to get by. This amount
includes food and clothing as well as rent and the usual monthly
bills. If you're a KBC client, you can work out your monthly
expenses in the KBC Touch personal finance manager tool
quickly and easily.