Going on holiday is one of the highlights of the year. But what if you suddenly have to cut your trip short? Or worse. You can't even go on holiday. Find out when you can claim under cancellation insurance for your KBC Gold Credit Card or KBC Platinum Credit Card.
Travel cancellation insurance covers reimbursement of costs such as your holiday accommodation and transport from and to your destination or if you have to break off your holiday early. Need to return from your holiday early? You'll be reimbursed for the cost of the days you missed.
You're covered for the cancellation of your trip in the following cases
- Sudden illness, accident or death of the card holder, a family member of the second degree or a person living under the same roof for whom the card holder is responsible for tax purposes or of whom they have custody
- Serious material damage to the card holder's main residence
- Denial of necessary vaccinations for medical reasons not known in advance
- Denial of a visa despite following the correct procedure, when the insured person has not been refused before
If you have one of our credit cards including travel cancellation
insurance but forgot to use your card to book your trip, fear
The insurance still applies as long as you’ve booked your trip using any of our range of ways to pay, including by credit card, debit card, credit transfer from an account with us, Omnia travel cheque or a combination of the above. You’re also still covered if you pay using a Payconiq app account linked to one of our current accounts at the time you pay.
Have paid their card fee (the credit card is activated) and
have paid for the trip with a means of payment from KBC
- Were constantly in possession of the credit card in question, from booking the trip to cancelling it
For some reasons for cancelling or breaking off the trip early, besides the card holder, the partner and children of the card holder or their partner who are under 25 and are either still resident at the same address as the card holder or fall within a system of joint residency are covered.
The insurance ends automatically when the contract between KBC Bank NV and the insurer is terminated.
For what sums are you insured?
|If you booked your trip with your:||You're covered up to a maximum of:|
|No deductible applies to this cover|
Remember: If your family has multiple credit cards, you can't add the sums insured together.
What isn't covered?
- Business trips
- The share of the cost of cancellation or breaking off the trip falling to people who are not insured
- Costs incurred by the card holder's partner not living at the same address
- Additional costs of an extended stay or repatriation from abroad
- Cancellation or breaking off of the trip due to an unstable medical condition or an injury that existed at the time of booking. Claims resulting from excessive use of alcohol, medication or drugs are not covered either
- Trips without an overnight stay
The conditions of cover are available from any KBC branch or at www.kbc.be/gold. The applicable general conditions alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer.
You go away with some friends. One of you pays for all of the flights and accommodation and you (the credit card holder) reimburse your friend for your share of the trip. Are you covered?
Yes. If you reimbursed your friend for your share using a means of payment from KBC, you're covered for your share of the trip if your name is on the travel contract, rental contract or air ticket.
You booked a hotel online and received a confirmation e-mail, but you didn't have to pay a deposit. Are you covered?
Yes. Entering into a travel contract and receiving confirmation of this, for example by e-mail, means that you're covered if you have to cancel your trip or break it off early.
- Cancellation insurance is offered by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium. VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB. Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). A KBC Group company
- Belgian law applies to
all insurance. This insurance is a class 16 product (financial loss
- The conditions of cover are available from any KBC branch or at www.kbc.be/gold or www.kbc.be/platinum. The applicable general conditions alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer.
- Complaints? Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (pay number), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If this does not result in an appropriate solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman for the entire industry at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights