KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- World growth is losing steam, but we do not anticipate a
Oil price and inflation
- Inflation remains below central bankers' targets
Central banks and bond markets
- Fed again reduces key rate slightly, ECB takes no new
- Brexit and the expanding trade war remain key risks with
possible large impact on the economy
Stock markets and valuations
- Stock markets are vulnerable: again at peak levels against the backdrop of significantly deteriorating economic conditions
- Bonds are very expensive, but normalisation of interest rates (increase) is put on ice
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares slightly below their benchmark level
- More stock market swings: buy more in cases of correction
- Build up positions only when there is economic revival, a resumption of earnings growth and if there is clarity about risks
Which preferences within the equity component?
- Preference for the US, with highest level of
- Buyback as a stable
- Water exhibiting long-term growth potential
What about bonds and cash?
- Corporate bonds are more attractive than cash in the short term
- Safe government bonds only as stabiliser
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
KBC Invest is
the ideal desktop or tablet app for keeping tabs on your assets and
It gives you an up-to-date and detailed view at all times of how much your investment portfolio is worth, how it is made up and how it is performing. It is also very user-friendly, easy to navigate and enhanced with clear graphs.
Never miss an event again that is of importance for your investment portfolio. We will alert you when new opportunities arise or when an investment reaches maturity.
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.