KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- Global growth is no longer accelerating but remains at a high level.
- Slow down as of 2019 due to tighter monetary policy.
Oil price and inflation
- Higher oil prices pushed inflation up worldwide but stabilisation is expected.
- In the US, underlying inflation is up; not in the EU.
Central banks and bond market
- Gradual normalisation of interest-rate policy, but at different speeds: US takes the lead; Japan continues to stimulate.
- Trade conflicts, Brexit, Italy and emerging countries pose the greatest risks.
Stock markets and valuations
- Momentum and robust earnings growth are supporting shares;
bonds are very expensive.
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares above benchmark level: strong world economy, flexible
monetary policy and robust earnings growth, but...
- … only limited overweighting due to substantial risks. In addition, the economy and earnings growth may not disappoint.
Which preferences within the share component?
- US, with highest growth, and cheap Germany.
- High dividends (in euro area) and Family Businesses form a sound base.
- Water exhibits long-term growth potential.
What about bonds and cash?
- Preference for cash over bonds.
- Safe government bonds as stabiliser.
- Return sought through high-interest and convertible bonds.
Strategie & Accenten e-zine (Strategy & Focus e-zine)
Looking to get regular updates of events on the stock markets? The 'Strategie & Accenten' e-zine explains the KBC Investment Strategy and provides personal finance tips. Be quick off the mark and check out this digital magazine on our website or the app (for your tablet), only available in French and Dutch.
Download the 'Strategie & Accenten' app
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.
KBC Invest for Easy Invest Service clients
- Monthly report on the management of your funds
- Webinars provided by our experts
- Get started with KBC Invest now