KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
Industrial countries take the lead
- 2017, a year packed with pleasant surprises. Outlook for 2018 a bright one.
- The economic cycle continues to strengthen in the US.
- Growth in the euro area estimated at 2.3% for 2018 (above potential).
- Japan emerges from a long period of deflation.Emerging economies lagging slightly behind.
Economy regains the upper hand
- 2017 was a year of political turbulence. Not that the financial markets took much notice.
- EU and UK reached deal in initial phase of Brexit talks.
No sign of inflation
- Inflation remains extremely low.
- Fed hikes key rate – Transparent decision-making process.
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares above their benchmark level.
- Strong global economy, flexible monetary policy and robust earnings outlook but…
- ...shares are expensive.
- Bonds below their benchmark level, to the benefit of cash.
Which preferences within the share component?
- Euro area (Germany) and Asian growth countries are strongest regions.
- High Dividends and Family Businesses form a solid foundation.
- Water exhibits long-term growth potential.
What about bonds?
- Preference for cash over government bonds.
- Return sought by investing in high-interest bonds.
- Limit maturities of interest-bearing assets.
Strategie & Accenten e-zine (Strategy & Focus e-zine)
Looking to get regular updates of events on the stock markets? The 'Strategie & Accenten' e-zine explains the KBC Investment Strategy and provides personal finance tips. Be quick off the mark and check out this digital magazine on our website or the app (for your tablet), only available in French and Dutch.
Download the 'Strategie & Accenten' app
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.