KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- World growth slows; little sign of it bottoming out
Oil price and inflation
- Oil price could edge up in the short term
- Underlying inflation in the US remains around the 2% target; still very low in Europe
Central banks and bond markets
- Led by the US Federal Reserve, interest rates are being cut
worldwide; ECB relaunches its bond purchasing programme
- Risks surrounding a trade war and Brexit are high and
Stock markets and valuations
- Limited decline in share prices are not bolstering stock
markets against weakening economic fundamentals
- Bonds are very expensive, but interest rate normalisation
(increases) put on ice
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares slightly below their benchmark level
stock market swings: buy more on dips
- Build up
positions only when the economy and earnings growth recover and more
clarity on risks
Which preferences within the equity component?
- Preference for the US, with highest level of growth
- Buyback as a stable theme
- Water exhibits long-term growth potential
What about bonds and cash?
- Preference for cash over bonds
- Safe government bonds as stabiliser
- Corporate bonds preferred over high-yield
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
KBC Invest is
the ideal desktop or tablet app for keeping tabs on your assets and
It gives you an up-to-date and detailed view at all times of how much your investment portfolio is worth, how it is made up and how it is performing. It is also very user-friendly, easy to navigate and enhanced with clear graphs.
Never miss an event again that is of importance for your investment portfolio. We will alert you when new opportunities arise or when an investment reaches maturity.
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.