KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
Slowdown or stabilisation?
- Business confidence falls from previous high
- Labour market underpins consumer spending in the US
- Growth in the euro area revised upward
- Chinese data still surprising on the upside
Rising tensions drive oil price higher!
- Not structurally higher > Drop expected
- Limited inflationary pressure… but Fed stays the course
- Support interest-rate scenario
Markets still nervous due to same reasons
Strong first quarter expected
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares above their
- Strong global economy, flexible monetary policy and robust earnings outlook but…
- ...shares are not cheap
- Bonds below their benchmark level, to the benefit of cash
Which preferences within the share component?
- Euro area (Germany) and emerging Asian markets
- High dividends and family businesses form a solid foundation
- Water exhibits long-term growth potential
What about bonds?
- Preference for cash over government bonds
- Search for returns through high-interest and convertible bonds
- Limit maturities of interest-bearing assets
Strategie & Accenten e-zine (Strategy & Focus e-zine)
Looking to get regular updates of events on the stock markets? The 'Strategie & Accenten' e-zine explains the KBC Investment Strategy and provides personal finance tips. Be quick off the mark and check out this digital magazine on our website or the app (for your tablet), only available in French and Dutch.
Download the 'Strategie & Accenten' app
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.