KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- Global growth is slowing down, but remains solid.
- Growth in the euro area will pick up in second half of
Oil price and inflation
- Oil market in equilibrium in 2019 with relatively stable
- Underlying inflation in US around 2%
- Inflation in EU remains at a very low
Central banks and bond market
- Fed slows down normalisation of interest-rate policy.
- ECB delays normalisation of interest-rate policy.
- Trade disputes and Brexit remain key risks.
- Italy and emerging countries less worrying for the time being.
Stock markets and valuations
- Shares remain attractively valued, but…
- Bullish markets in the context of weaker fundamentals is a
- Bonds are very expensive.
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares slightly below their benchmark level.
- Shareholdings to be increased only when there is:
- a recovery of the economy and earnings growth.
- clarity about risks.
Which preferences within the share component?
- Preference for US (with highest level of growth).
- High dividends as a solid basis.
- Water exhibiting long-term growth potential.
What about bonds and cash?
- Preference for cash over bonds.
- Safe government bonds as stabiliser.
- Return sought by investing in high-interest bonds.
Strategie & Accenten e-zine (Strategy & Focus e-zine)
Looking to get regular updates of events on the stock markets? The 'Strategie & Accenten' e-zine explains the KBC Investment Strategy and provides personal finance tips. Be quick off the mark and check out this digital magazine on our website or the app (for your tablet), only available in French and Dutch.
Download the 'Strategie & Accenten' app
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.