KBC keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
The KBC Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- World growth remains weak but seems to be bottoming out
- We do not expect a recession
Oil price and inflation
- Inflation remains below central bankers' targets
Central banks and bond markets
- Fed has reached the end of its easing cycle
- The ECB is taking no new measures
- Brexit and the expansion of the trade war remain key risks,
but escalation does not seem to be an issue any further
Stock markets and valuations
- Valuation has gone up but not excessively
- Bonds are very expensive, but interest rate normalisation
(increase) put on ice
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Assets at their benchmark level
bottoming-out of the economy and receding risks are supporting
- The weak earnings growth remains a point of
Which preferences within the equity component?
- Preference for the US, with highest level of growth
- Buyback as a stable theme
- Water exhibits long-term growth potential
What about bonds and cash?
- Corporate bonds are attractive in the short term
- Safe government bonds only as stabiliser
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
KBC Invest is
the ideal desktop or tablet app for keeping tabs on your assets and
It gives you an up-to-date and detailed view at all times of how much your investment portfolio is worth, how it is made up and how it is performing. It is also very user-friendly, easy to navigate and enhanced with clear graphs.
Never miss an event again that is of importance for your investment portfolio. We will alert you when new opportunities arise or when an investment reaches maturity.
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.